data too long at column 'registeripaddr' at row 5

2 years 3 months ago #327523 by bpollet
Hello, I have a strange error while upgrading from CB 2.6.3 to 2.6.4

It involves registeredipaddr which is a varchar(50)

I recently moved to the production server (using akeeba backup and their kickstart option). My website works with PHP 8.0.12 on joomla 4.0.5

Does anyone have an idea? Maybe I have some corrupted data in my DB due to akeeba automatic insertion?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327537 by krileon
Provide the exact error you're seeing and where. Akeeba Backup isn't perfect and yes it has mangled database's in the past or broken some rows in tables in the past.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #327963 by bpollet
Hello, I still have this trouble when I try to update CB_core.

The error message is: "Data too long for column 'registeripaddr' at row 5"

Php 8.0.12 and Joomla 4.0.6

I tried to alter registeredipaddr column which is a varchar(50) to varchar(128), and I do not have error anymore while updating things on my webstite, but I still have trouble to update CB_core

2 years 2 months ago #327972 by krileon

but I still have trouble to update CB_core

What other trouble are you having? Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry and provide any errors you see. If you see no errors check server error log to see if there's any errors.

I'm not sure why you used Akeeba to move your site to production. A database dump and a upload of your files is sufficient to do this. It seams like some of the database data was broken by this process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn