Logging in from menu item goes to a weird looking page

2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #329057 by bettyd
Hi, if a user logs in from the login page (gotten to by clicking on the CB-login menu item) the result is a very sparse, weird looking page. Is there any way I can have this method of login go to their profile instead? There is no way to set the redirect for the CB-login menu item, just the module.
See attached photos.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 weeks ago #329075 by krileon
The login page uses the parameters of the first CB Login module it finds that is available to the viewing user. So it should use your login module login redirect perfectly fine, but you likely have more than 1 CB Login module and it's using that other one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 weeks ago #329078 by bettyd
I have only one login module, and I need to leave the redirect field empty because we like that default setting of taking a user back to the page they were trying to access.

Since the cb-login page is essentially and empty page, it would make sense to redirect to the profile or index.php if the module redirect field is left empty (ie. in default setting).

Is it possible to override the file that handles this?

2 years 1 week ago #329092 by krileon
Create a second login module. First one will be used for the login page when directly accessed via menu item and second one will be used for actual display in module positions. This will let you set a login redirect URL just for the menu usage in your first login module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn