Birthday list

1 year 6 months ago #331143 by WoodyF4u
Birthday list was created by WoodyF4u
Hi,
I have created a list of users.
In that list I have a field cb_birthday.
That is day-month-year.
Now I want to show a list with the persons and their birthday date.
That is only the day and month.
Does anyone know how I can show only the day and the month in the list in a column?
And that I can then automatically display the list in date order.
In that case, the annual may not be used.

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331149 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Birthday list
Edit your date field and under Parameters > Display you can completely customize how the date is displayed. As for list order edit your userlist and adjust the ordering under the Sorting tab. If you want to order by day-month you'll need to use Advanced sorting and provide custom SQL to do this. The advanced sorting directly adds to the ORDER BY clause of the userlist SQL. If you're unfamiliar with SQL this might be a difficult task though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331189 by WoodyF4u
Replied by WoodyF4u on topic Birthday list
Hi thanks for your reply.
When I edit the date field and under Parameters > Display I customize the date to m-d I see that in the profile fields.
But then the user can no longer set the year of birth.

Is there a simple way that I can have the full date of birth entered, but only the day and month are shown for each person in a user list?
After that I think I can make a query with SQL that I can influence the order. But does anyone know how from year-month-day I can only use month and day for sorting?

And is it then separately possible to show the age of the users in the user list?

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

1 year 6 months ago #331227 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Birthday list
Only adjust "Profile View Display". Leave "Edit Display" as "Date". There should already be a predefined "Birthday" option for "Profile View Display". I cannot help you with the SQL sorry; that's something you'll have to write yourself.

And is it then separately possible to show the age of the users in the user list?

The field can't display in multiple formats at once. It can either shoe as Age or as Birthday. You'll have to pick 1. Will review adding an option that shows both in a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9054

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds