Update available?

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #331903 by RobWilkinson
Update available? was created by RobWilkinson
I have CB 2.7.3  installed Mass Mailing doesn't work with PHP 8.1.12 on Joomla 3.10.11. I get  a rejected email because of overlength date field. It works with PHP7

The latest version of CB shows as 2.7.4 but joomla does not show it as an available update and so I am wondering if it is OK to apply manually and if it willl fix the mail problem?
Regards,
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #331924 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update available?
Are you using latest CB build release or stable release? In latest build release CB doesn't send the emails anymore, but instead Joomla does now as we've switched to Joomla API. Build releases are not proposed through Joomla updates we only send stable through Joomla updates. CBs built in Install from Web will propose build releases.

Additionally I do not recommend trying to use Joomla 3 on PHP 8.1 though as it's not very compatible and you'll get massive amounts of deprecation notices. I personally do not recommend using Joomla 3 with anything other than latest PHP 7.4. I don't think there's any plans to backport full PHP 8 compatibility to Joomla 3 and you should be preparing to make the move to Joomla 4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #331930 by RobWilkinson
Replied by RobWilkinson on topic Update available?
Hi Kyle:
Joomla puts out the following message when I revert to PHP 7.4:
In general the product works well for me under PHP 8.0 exxcept for mass mailiing. I will have to export the file and do it another way I suppose.

"We have detected that your server is using PHP 7.4.33 which is obsolete and no longer receives official security updates by its developers. The Joomla! Project recommends upgrading your site to PHP 8.0 or later which will receive security updates at least until 2023-11-26. Please ask your host to make PHP 8.0 or a later version the default version for your site. If your host is already PHP 8.0 ready please enable PHP 8.0 on your site's root and 'administrator' directories – typically you can do this yourself through a tool in your hosting control panel, but it's best to ask your host if you are unsure."

Everything else seems to work except CB mass mailing and so I will leave it at PHP 8.1.12

1 year 3 months ago #331931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update available?
Install latest CB build release and retry. If you're on stable release you're missing PHP 8.x compatibility fixes and the switch over to Joomla mailer. We're scheduling a stable release for early January if you prefer to wait for stable releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds