Messages in CB not working

10 months 4 weeks ago #333911 by Andromeda57
Messages in CB not working was created by Andromeda57
Hello guys,

a member can not send a message to another member: "No permission to send a message to this user."

What could the problem be? Messaging is allowed in the backend and the members are connected (even if it is not neccessary because of the settings...)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 4 weeks ago #333927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Messages in CB not working
Edit the private message system plugin and reviewing its configuration. There's parameters to control who they may or may not message.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 4 weeks ago #333930 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Messages in CB not working
Yes, and I think the settings should allow it? But it is not possible.

Attachments:

10 months 4 weeks ago #333934 by krileon
I only speak English. I've no idea what your ACL settings are set to. Defaults are as follows.

Guest Messages To: Nobody
User Messages To: All Users
User Messages From Access: Registered
User Replies To: All Users

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 4 weeks ago #333936 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Messages in CB not working
Hello,

yes. We did not change it. Our settings are like the default ones. And like you said. But it is still not working.

10 months 3 weeks ago #333950 by krileon
Is this a regular user trying to message another regular user? Please provide what permissions the sending user and recipient user have. Ensure both are confirmed, approved, and not in a disabled state within CB > User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn