How To Make More That 12 Canvases Appear When Editing Profile

9 months 3 weeks ago #334090 by Webz_Intl
I cannot figure out how to make more than 12 canvases appear when a users edits their "Canvas" profile field and "Select New Image From Gallery.

The 12 canvases are in a folder located at: images/comprofiler/gallery/canvas. However, that folder contains a total of 24 images.

See attached image 
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334094 by krileon
Half of those are thumbnails. Images in CB contain the large size and thumbnail size. All thumbnail canvas images there are prefixed with "tn". There are only 12 canvas gallery images included with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334096 by Webz_Intl
Understand perfectly.

What is the correct method to replace such default sample canvases?

I also wonder if updating these images would be overwritten on future updates?

It appears the following are the sizes of the large and thumbnail canvas images:

- Large Canvas Size: 1000 x 200 pixels
- Thumbnail Canvas Size: 500 x 100 pixels

Here are an example of file names:

- Large Canvas Filename: abstract_01.jpg
- Thumbnail Filename: tnabstract_01.jpg

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334101 by krileon

What is the correct method to replace such default sample canvases?

Create a new folder to hold all your custom canvas gallery images. Then edit your canvas field and point its gallery to that new folder.

I also wonder if updating these images would be overwritten on future updates?

It shouldn't copy the canvas gallery sample images over if that folder already exists, but it's typically best to just edit your canvas field and change what folder the field gets its gallery images from.

It appears the following are the sizes of the large and thumbnail canvas images:

Sizes can be whatever you like. That's just what we've provided. Use whatever sizes fit your sites design best. As samples we had to provide them rather large to deal with a wide range of designs. As for filenames they should be alphanumeric with only underscores as special characters and the thumbnail image should be prefixed with "tn".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn