Virtuemart default shopper group

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154387 by yvesmk
Virtuemart default shopper group was created by yvesmk
When users register through the CB registration process on my website, they are visible in virtuemart.
But there is no default shopper group assigned.

I had a look at the tables an noticed that no entry was made in the jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref for the new registered users.

How can I have my CB registered users assigned to a default shopper group in VM (I dow want them to be shoppers as well, once they registered on the site).

I do have CB Subs installed but not enabled yet.... maybe this has something to do with it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Virtuemart default shopper group
Users are not actually created in virtuemart without the assistance of an integration. If using CBSubs then CBSubs VirtueMart can do this for you assuming the user is subscribing to a plan that is utilizing this plugin. Otherwise incubator project available to professional subscribers CB VirtueMart can accomplish synchronization at various configurable triggers such as after login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154679 by yvesmk
Replied by yvesmk on topic Re: Virtuemart default shopper group
Incubator VM project looks nice, and the right tool.

When running bot the incubator and cb subs, won't they bite each other? (my cb subs is not yet active, but for future sake).

Does the VM incubator plugin do something without creating triggers? (it looks not to me)

13 years 1 month ago #154924 by krileon

When running bot the incubator and cb subs, won't they bite each other? (my cb subs is not yet active, but for future sake).

No, they won't conflict.

Does the VM incubator plugin do something without creating triggers? (it looks not to me)

Incubator project synchronizes users based off the triggers you've specified it to such as after login. It is a guided setup (via jQuery) so is relatively straight forward to configure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #155121 by yvesmk
Replied by yvesmk on topic Re: Virtuemart default shopper group
Is there a way to manually trigger the triggers created? I have one set up as AfterUserConfirmation, and want to have this triggered to see if it works as expected.

Can I set a default value for a field to be synced, instead of specifying a field?

13 years 1 month ago #155253 by krileon

Is there a way to manually trigger the triggers created? I have one set up as AfterUserConfirmation, and want to have this triggered to see if it works as expected.

Confirm a user, easiest one to test is After Login.

Can I set a default value for a field to be synced, instead of specifying a field?

No, it transfers a fields value to VM. Suppose you could specify a field you've defined by editing the user and that value would then of course transfer.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn