CB 1.4 localization inconsistencies

13 years 1 month ago #155315 by sendregshere
CB 1.4 localization inconsistencies was created by sendregshere
Hi,

I'm mot sure if this is the right place for my problem, but maybe...

Now I'm working on a Hungarian language plugin for CB 1.4 and found that in admin_language.php there are many string values that do not match exactly to their counterpart in the code and hence it won't be translated. :(

A common mistake is the presence of an extra whitespace in the code, e.g. in

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.xml:

String is:

'Any string ( /.*/ )' in admin_language.php, and
'Any string ( /.*/ ) ' in the XML code.

adding the extra whitespace to admin_language.php doesn't help, it is probably trimmed (but not from the code).

Another example is an explanation string, this has two different versions in the same cb.core.xml file (first one is the bad, trimmed one I guess):

'Type +0 for this year, type-in 4-digits year, for example 1923, or just a number prefixed with + or - sign, for example +25 or -110, to set a value relative to current year, e.g. -99 for maximum age of 99 years (or 190'

and

'Type +0 for this year, type-in 4-digits year, for example 1923, or just a number prefixed with + or - sign, for example +25 or -110, to set a value relative to current year, e.g. -99 for maximum age of 99 years'

Of course I can fix these issues manually, but it's very tedious and it should be corrected in the official release as well. I can post here other incosistencies I find if it helps.

Thanks! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn