Integration with UDDEIM Message system

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #160927 by Yxos
When using UDDEIM messaging system along with CB, there are 2 translation variables that are not defined. Neither in the English language file nor my local (Danish) file:
_UE_PMSLINK and _UE_TABINBOX.

This can be seen when wieving own and others profiles in the frontend, and when viewing the CB Tab Manager in the Backend, where those two appear as variables.

Searching this forum and also forum.joomla.org only suggests to add those two variables to /administrator/components/com_uddeim/language.utf8/danish.php (and other language files here)

This solves the problem in the frontend, but not in the CB Tab Manager in the backend.
As I see it, _UE_* variables belong to the CB system, whereas the UDDEIM variables are named _UDDEIM_*.

In other words, isn't this a gap in the general/English CB language file?

Yxos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #162875 by Yxos
bump...

Yxos

12 years 10 months ago #162934 by kmilos
Replied by kmilos on topic Re: Integration with UDDEIM Message system
Just grep'd all the files in the CB package and can't find these constants anywhere, don't think they come from CB.

See the uddeIM FAQ:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component/99858-uetabinbox-visible-on-cb-tabs
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

12 years 10 months ago #162961 by Yxos
I think your link should have been this one: joomlacode.org/gf/project/com_uddeim/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F*checkout*%2Ftrunk%2FREADME%2FFAQ.pdf

Yes, I see that the FAQ says:

7.6 Text “_UE_PMSLINK” is displayed in a user’s profile
When I view a user's profile, I see the text: _UE_PMSLINK just above the Send Private Message link
Go to CB tab manager, find this tab and rename it (Components  Community Builder  Tab Management).
7.7 Text “_UE_TABINBOX” is displayed in a user’s profile
When I view a user's profile, I see the text: _UE_TABINBOX just above the Inbox.
Go to CB tab manager, find this tab and rename it (Components  Community Builder  Tab Management).

I still think it's a poor solution, but anyway it confirms that there doesn't seem to be any other solution in the pipeline. :S

Yxos

12 years 10 months ago #162969 by kmilos
Replied by kmilos on topic Re: Integration with UDDEIM Message system
Well, yes and no.

While it is confusing, this is the only way to have those translated on a multilingual website (imagine you need to have Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian), so you need to use variables and add them to all the language files. If you check any other tabs, e.g. Connections, you'll notice it uses the variable as well in the backend, it's just already included in the language file since it's a default CB tab plugin.

You can maybe suggest it to the uddeIM author to update the FAQ.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn