CB 1.4 - Searching in custom date based fields

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162604 by jered@saverexpress.com
CB 1.4 - Searching in custom date based fields was created by jered@saverexpress.com
Good day gentlemen, one of my "Administrators" was using the site, and decided to do a not so complex search by searching in a DATE FIELD; the search correctly opens the "BETWEEN AND" boxes.. but after searching it does something really weird..

Using:

RED HAT linux on WHM & Cpanel. (Dell 8 core server)
Joomla 1.5.22
CBsubs 1.1.2

Here are some screenshots:

1.- Preparing to Search.

2.- Result

3.- Clicking on "NEXT" or any other number link to other pages.. will return no records found.

Settings of said field

What could cause this issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162614 by nant
I could not replicate on CB 1.4 (used here on Joomlapolis).

What version of CB are you using?

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163250 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re: CB 1.4 - Searching in custom date based fields
Joomla 1.5.22
with CB 1.4 (downloaded from here and upgraded from older version)
and CBsubs 1.1.2

*edit*

could it be possible that this error appears because some of the users has this field empty? (aka NULL )?

12 years 11 months ago #163330 by krileon

could it be possible that this error appears because some of the users has this field empty? (aka NULL )?

No, this wouldn't have any affect on the date fields search capability. There are some issues currently with date fields and searching. You can find the bug ticket and proposed patches at the below forge link. If you know how to apply patches or wish to make the changes manually you're welcome to do so and comment regarding if resolved or not (very appreciated!).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2348

Please note this is a 2 patch fix, please review comments in ticket very carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163417 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re: CB 1.4 - Searching in custom date based fields
Thank you very much krileon, I will give it a go.

12 years 11 months ago #164092 by jered@saverexpress.com
Good day gentlemen, I've tried as suggested patch: 2337 then patch 2348.

While some of the search is partially correct and the first date is correctly set, the second date is still incorrectly displayed (goes back to 1969)

Performing search:

Results:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn