CB Fields in SQL DB, But Not Showing In CB Admin

11 years 9 months ago #203354 by chiefbobo
Hi Guys,

I have a brand new install of Joomla 2.5.4 and CB 1.8 (I'm rebuilding because of a bad migration to GoDaddy) and I'm getting a problem, where some of the basic CB fields like cb_company and cb_phone are visible in my SQL DB when I view it through MyPHPAdmin, but they don't show in the CB admin back-end. I have run the CB tools to check and sync the databases, and everything comes up green with no errors. The tools report don't even mention the missing fields, but they are clearly there in the SQL DB.

As I mentioned this is a ground up fresh rebuild of a site, new database, clean install of Joomla and all components. (We are not even using our CB Subs license we paid for because it cause too many problems.) Time is running out and I can't figure out how to make these necessary fields show up on the CB backend. Help!

hbadoc.com/sandbox2/ PM me and I'll provide a admin username/pass to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Randy
The topic has been locked.
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #203369 by chiefbobo
UPDATE: I thought upgrading from CB 1.8 to the latest 1.8.1 might help. But as I was following the update instructions, I went to the Extension Manager and click on the Database tab, and I see the following warning:

Warning: Database is not up to date!

1 Database Problem Found
Database schema version (None) does not match CMS version (2.5.4).

Other Information
Database schema version (in #__schemas): None.
Update version (in #__extensions): 2.5.4.
Database driver: mysqli.
63 database changes were checked successfully.
23 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

Could this be part of the problem? I tried clicking the Fix button in this screen and received a Database Up to Date confirmation. But, sadly, no change to the issue of missing fields. Any ideas?
11 years 9 months ago #203379 by chiefbobo
Another update:

I noticed while working with GoDaddy support (who could provide no help at all) that the fields in question have Collation set to "latin1_swedish_ci" within the SQL database. While all the other fields in the jos_comprofiler table are set to "utf8_general_ci". I didn't know if this was the problem, but I did try setting one filed "cb_title" to utf8_general_ci" to see if that would make it show in the CB admin interface, but alas, no such luck. I'm attaching a screen shot of the joe_comprofiler table from MyPHPAdmin. Is this a bug in the CB installer?

In the attached screenshot all of the fields set to "latin1_swedish_ci" are the ones that do not show in the CB administrative backend. Any thoughts?
Attachments:
11 years 8 months ago #203958 by chiefbobo
OK, So no help here. Ugg...

I solved the issues myself, by first uninstalling the CB component and all of it's related modules. Then I had to manually purge (drop) the SQL database of all the tables with "com_profiler" in the name via MyPHPAdmin. Then I reinstalled CB and it's modules. Finally I had a clean DB table so I could create the fields I needed.
11 years 5 months ago #212727 by Kunstdenker
Hi Chief,

it's indeed a bit longer ago, but I got the same issue and perhaps some other users too, so here is my solution/workarround without reinstalling/db dropping:

In the DB I saw that all the missing fields (cb_company, cb_title, cb_address2 a.s.o) got a "tabid" of "0". I don't know how that happens, maybe by deactivating the corresponding tabs in the Joomla Backend - can't say. Anyway, I insert "11" in the row "tabid" for every field ("11" is the tabid for the tab "Contact Information" in my installation - maybe that's different by you). After that was done, all the missing fields appear in the backend field management.

Cheers
K.
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #246394 by chiefbobo
Replied by chiefbobo on topic CB Fields in SQL DB, But Not Showing In CB Admin
Hi Kunstenker,

Thanks for your post. I having the same issue on a new site. I want to try your method. But I'm having trouble finding the tabid in my SQL DB. I see the missing fields in the com profiler table in my DB, and I see a tabid in the comprofiler_field table. But how can I see the tabid for a filed like cb_phone?

Thanks again for your post. Very helpful!
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn