#4878 - Userlist issue again

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #253061 by KatoKalin
#4878 - Userlist issue again was created by KatoKalin
I had reported the issue during CB 2.0 development already here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/226690-cb-20-2-issues?limitstart=0#250189

At some time during development it seemed to have vanished after reassigning the list to the menu again. However the issue has emerged again and this time reassigning does not help.

The issue is as follows: When user list is set to show search form submitting the empty userlist form does not show any results.

With user list set to "list" or to "search and list" empty submission does display the user list as expected.

I have tried to nail down the issue but it is hard to follow the code.

The weird issue starts with the total number. Although there are thousands of users in that list, the total member number in the search form is 0.

When I checked in cbUsersList.php it seems that around line 428 there is an if clause that is never met under the circumstances provided.
if ( ( $searchMode == 0 ) || ( ( $searchMode == 1 ) && $searchCount ) || ( $searchMode == 2 ) ) {

I cannot tell if this causes the issue all I can tell is that in case of "list" and "search and list" the if clause gets met and the rest proceeds as normal. Only in the cease of "search" only this clause never gets met and no user list gets displayed.

What is going wrong here?

Edit: Maybe I need to stress that only the empty submission of the userlist search causes this problem. As soon as a single field gets filled with a value, the search executes an displays the user list as expected.

Edit: When I remove "&& $searchCount" from line 428 in cbUsersList.php then at least it seams to create and execute the correct statements. Before that it did not even do that.

However there is no display of the user list. Inspecting $tableContent from comprofiler.html.php dies reveal that the query to fetch the correct fields have been executed and the variable $tableContent is an array of all of them. However it does not get displayed as user list. So something else is not working correctly here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #253072 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Userlist issue again
Can you provide screenshots of your userlist configuration and screenshot of result?

9 years 4 months ago #253077 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Userlist issue again
The list menu item is set to search only. Only with this setting, the issue will come up.

Global userlist config

Sorting config

Filter config

Search parameter

Display parameter

Paging Parameter

Link Parameter

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #253078 by KatoKalin
Outcome is as follows

Search form

Search form empty submit

After empty submission

After empty submission it simply shows the empty search form. There is no error message.

When I use the "list all" button which is basically the same like submitting an empty search form, all users get displayed. And of course when I enter a value into a field, then the list is getting displayed as well.

Edit: Only empty values cause this behaviour which is not bound to specific fields. When I remove the "Desctiption" field from the search form and only the country field remains, then submitting the form with empty country field only shows the same behaviour.

For me it looks like that CB does not pick it up correctly, that the empty form means it should display all users.
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #253233 by KatoKalin
I have just completed the uügrade path again and with CB 1.9.1 everything works as expected.
After upgrade to CB2.0 and even CB2.0.3 the issues emerges.

I need a solution here as I cannot put the site live this way.

9 years 4 months ago #253247 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Userlist issue again
Thanks again for reporting and giving details.

I have opened a ticket for further investigation:

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4878

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn