When recoving password, email field is case sensitive

8 years 8 months ago #269250 by knotworking
I had a user who contacted us saying they could not retrieve their password, they were able to successfully retrieve their username by entering their email address, but when they entered that username along with their email address, the form reported there was no corresponding user. I looked at their profile and noticed they had capitalized a few letters in their email address, so I tried to submit the form for them using the capitalized email address, sure enough it found the user and emailed them their password. Seems when retrieving a user password, the email address field is case-sensitive.

I'm fairly certain the user was not capitalizing their email address when initially retrieving their username, so it seems the case-sensitive restriction on the email address only applies to the password recovery. Weird.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269264 by nant

knotworking wrote: I had a user who contacted us saying they could not retrieve their password, they were able to successfully retrieve their username by entering their email address, but when they entered that username along with their email address, the form reported there was no corresponding user. I looked at their profile and noticed they had capitalized a few letters in their email address, so I tried to submit the form for them using the capitalized email address, sure enough it found the user and emailed them their password. Seems when retrieving a user password, the email address field is case-sensitive.

I'm fairly certain the user was not capitalizing their email address when initially retrieving their username, so it seems the case-sensitive restriction on the email address only applies to the password recovery. Weird.

Joomla version?
CB Version?

8 years 8 months ago #269326 by knotworking
J 3.4.3
CB 2.08

8 years 8 months ago #269330 by nant

knotworking wrote: J 3.4.3
CB 2.08

Please update to CB 2.0.10 and test again.

8 years 8 months ago #269427 by knotworking
With all due respect, I'm submitting a bug as a user who's paid for this package (several times), maybe someone on the receiving end of the money should test for it.

8 years 8 months ago #269468 by nant

knotworking wrote: With all due respect, I'm submitting a bug as a user who's paid for this package (several times), maybe someone on the receiving end of the money should test for it.

Tested both username reminder and password reset with mixed caps in email address.

Works fine on my Joomla 3.4.3 / CB 2.0.10 environment,

Please note that this area is open to everyone that believss to have found a bug.
We just ask that findings are based on latest release and can be replicated on a clean Joomla/CB environment (this way it is certain that other code is not causing the issue).

Please see relevant posting instructions hete:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/226964-read-before-posting

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn