Google+ does not work in CB Connect

8 years 1 month ago #277475 by tjohns92109
Google+ does not work in CB Connect was created by tjohns92109
First, let me say that the documentation is out of date on this. Nothing looks like the Google page where you create the API.

I ask for no permissions in the plugin, but the popup that comes up from google says, "Know your basic profile info and list of people in your circles.
Includes people in circles that are not public on your profile.".

When you hit agree, it displays an error: User profile request failed! Google returned an error: exception 'Exception' with message....

Does CB Connect 6 not work with Google+?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #277477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Google+ does not work in CB Connect
CB Connect 6.x is more or less no longer functional. CB Connect 7.x is currently in a beta release and I'll begin work on making a CB Connect 7.x stable starting next week. All current subscribers have access to CB Connect 7.x. API changes on the social sites end are the result of CB Connect 6.x no longer functioning. If CB Connect 6.x manages to work then I've no explanation; Facebook confirmed does not work in 6.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #277631 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Google+ does not work in CB Connect
Thanks for that explanation Kyle. Totally understand - you guys don't have control over what Google & Facebook does with their APIs. Look forward to the new version.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn