Menu items act weired when Parse URL'S >>> Rewrite URS is enabled...

6 years 7 months ago #295933 by GODpleasers
When plugin: Community Builder System plugin >>> Parse URL'S >>> Rewrite URS is enabled it causes our menu items to act weird...

Disable on the attache image cause we need them to work right.

Exact behavior you are seeing...

When menu items (I.E. Register link) are assigned to the guest user group for the purpose of hiding it from the registered logged on user it shows up any even when they are registered and logged on.

Also when a menu item is assigned to a super user when we completely close the browser out and come back (log on saved the first time we logged on).
The assigned menu items don't show up till we refresh the browser or go to another page.
Joomla! 3.7.4 Stable [ Amani ] 25-July-2017 11:11 GMT

2. Exact Community Builder version...

3. Exact PHP version
PHP Version 7.0.21

4.) Exact MYSQL version.
Sorry don't know how to find this out

Come worship Jesus with us..
GOD Speaks internet radio- :-) - GOOD :-) - Music that employs life, deliverance, & restoration - COMPLETE :-)
godspeaksinternetradio.com/
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #295937 by krileon

When menu items (I.E. Register link) are assigned to the guest user group for the purpose of hiding it from the registered logged on user it shows up any even when they are registered and logged on.

CB has no control over menu item display. I don't see how that parameter could have anything to do with such an issue as it's just rewriting Joomla user component URLs to CB URLs. If you're properly using CB menutypes instead of Joomla user menutypes CB won't touch the URL.

Also when a menu item is assigned to a super user when we completely close the browser out and come back (log on saved the first time we logged on).
The assigned menu items don't show up till we refresh the browser or go to another page.

That sounds like normal Joomla remembe me behavior. Your session expired while you were away. Remember me then logged you back in, but Joomla doesn't force a refresh for that so it can cause odd behavior like you're seeing. CB has nothing to do with any of that behavior though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #295938 by GODpleasers
@krileon = Is this setting needed what does it do? Because when we disable it everything is fine. I did not know for sure if it was or wasn't a bug just didn't seem write so i was being informative and helpful.

GOD Speaks internet radio- :-) - GOOD :-) - Music that employs life, deliverance, & restoration - COMPLETE :-)

6 years 7 months ago #295940 by krileon
It rewrites Joomla user component URLs to CB URLs. It prevents people from logging in, registering, editing profile, or using forgot login features of Joomla while CB is installed. In short it protects you from users being able to bypass CB. You more than likely are trying to link to Joomlas user component instead of CB in regards to login, registration, etc.. menu items is my guess.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #295949 by GODpleasers

krileon wrote: You more than likely are trying to link to Joomlas user component instead of CB in regards to login, registration, etc.. menu items is my guess.

When i checked they were all cb linked.

6 years 7 months ago #295962 by GODpleasers
Have you tested it yet?

I'm sure if you test this subject you will find the same problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn