SVN for language needed, FAQ, and updater

13 years 2 months ago #151325 by nant
Difficult to follow your discussion.

So the link I gave you is ok and it does in fact have information on how to create a CB Language plugin for CB 1.3.1.

And now the issue is that you are working on Joomla 1.6.0 which CB 1.3.1 does not currently work on. Yes this is a know issue and there will be a new version of CB that will address the fact that Joomla 1.6.0 does not care about backward compatibility anymore.

The forge is currently organized for language plugins with the assistance of language managers - they have rights to upload new versions and to add new developers to their team.

What language are you interested in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151339 by lukoie
Why is that so difficult to follow my points? I have pulled just a few issues, and first of all that the information about creating localizations is very relevant to the forum branch "Community Builder/CB 1.3.1 Language Plugins". So if anyone needs to know about localizing CB 1.3.x he does have everything he needs in this particular forum branch, and need not to look somewhere else.
So my point was _to make sticky post in the CB-1.3.x-localization forum branch_ with all the information, like FAQ, one might need if he is up to making localization.

Yes, indeed i have J!1.6 along with 1.3.x localization done already, thanx to your links(which was not here in the forum in the first place, which leads me to open this thread).
Now when i have this installer, i'm willing to share it with the community, but i think that the simple attaching it to the message is not a good idea. As the practice shows, it will stay there for good, and misdirecting people willing to download the up-to-date localization.
There's someone else(wildpig) in the forum sharing his localization, and i have mine, so i think it is not very convenient way to make localizations by sharing in the forum attachments, and everyone doing the same job over and over instead of cooperating.
On the Russian, (which is my interest since the particular sites i need CB for are in russian) forge page there's only 1.2.x localization version.
Now we have partially completed 1.3.x How do we upload it on the forge? And how do we update it to the 100%-ready from time to time?
I've seen there is someone assigned as a team manager for russian localization team. Do we need to contact him directly?

13 years 2 months ago #151343 by nant

lukoie2 wrote: Why is that so difficult to follow my points? I have pulled just a few issues, and first of all that the information about creating localizations is very relevant to the forum branch "Community Builder/CB 1.3.1 Language Plugins". So if anyone needs to know about localizing CB 1.3.x he does have everything he needs in this particular forum branch, and need not to look somewhere else.
So my point was _to make sticky post in the CB-1.3.x-localization forum branch_ with all the information, like FAQ, one might need if he is up to making localization.

I had a sticky post on all previous version of forums. We are restructuring the forums so I guess this one is missing - I will fix that very soon.

Yes, indeed i have J!1.6 along with 1.3.x localization done already, thanx to your links(which was not here in the forum in the first place, which leads me to open this thread).
Now when i have this installer, i'm willing to share it with the community, but i think that the simple attaching it to the message is not a good idea. As the practice shows, it will stay there for good, and misdirecting people willing to download the up-to-date localization.
There's someone else(wildpig) in the forum sharing his localization, and i have mine, so i think it is not very convenient way to make localizations by sharing in the forum attachments, and everyone doing the same job over and over instead of cooperating.
On the Russian, (which is my interest since the particular sites i need CB for are in russian) forge page there's only 1.2.x localization version.
Now we have partially completed 1.3.x How do we upload it on the forge? And how do we update it to the 100%-ready from time to time?
I've seen there is someone assigned as a team manager for russian localization team. Do we need to contact him directly?

We are trying to keep "official" language plugins on the forge, so yes please contact Alex (the russian coordinator) and he can add you and others to the team (so you can help each-other).

BTW - we are working on a J16 compatible language solution at the moment - will post back process once it is finalized.

13 years 2 months ago #151344 by lukoie
Oh, cool. Thanx a lot.
Will wait for that fix very much.

13 years 2 months ago #151348 by lukoie
Well, it seems there's no such username on the JoomlaPolis site, and the forge site has no ability to send the message to the user.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151351 by lukoie
By the way, please update your "directory" section on the site, adding there on the creating listing page

Platform: Joomla 1.0
Joomla 1.5
Joomla 1.6
Mambo 4.5
Mambo 4.6
Compatibility: CB 1.0.x
CB 1.1.x
CB 1.2.x
CB 1.3.x

So we can upload there localization with the right options.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn