[#7137] Mass Mailer problem

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304278 by vomi
[#7137] Mass Mailer problem was created by vomi
I have problem with CB mass Mailer. As I see it doesn't work correctly, or maybe I miss something.
I have limitation on my web server, that I can send max. 120 emails per hour. So I select all users, klick on Mass mailer and set 120 Emails per batch and 3600 seconds of pause between batches.
When I press Send Mails Button it start sending packages of 120 emails, but pause between packages is only 2 or 3 seconds. So first 120 emails are sended and all other are rejected.
I also try with many different combinations of emails and pause but with no success.
I work on last version of Joomla 3.8.6 and last version of CB 2.1.4. I try this on two different web servers, with different settings for email (PHP and SMTP) .
I also try with previous version of CB 2.1.2 but nothing is working.

Can you help me with this problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304312 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Mailer problem
I wouldn't even bother using mass mailer for that. It's not meant for such massive time differences in batches nor is it tested for those scenarios. Use a newsletter extension like AcyMailer or some sort of email scheduling extension then use CRON to trigger batches to be sent that confirm to your mail servers limitations.

With that said it does look like there's an issue with the batch timer and have added a bug to investigate further for a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7137

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 11 months ago #304319 by vomi
Replied by vomi on topic Mass Mailer problem
It is like I suppose. You build some Mass mailer functionality which actually doesn't work in real environment.
So this two field Email per batch and Seconds of pause between batches is actually useless.
I trusted in CB too much.

I will try with some other software.

Thanks for answer.

5 years 11 months ago #304327 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Mailer problem
You're right that it should work and it doesn't due to a bug, which will be fixed. The purpose of the batching is so someone doesn't try to send 1000 emails at once and crash their server. It was never intended to be used to circumvent hosting mailer limits like you're trying to do.

The batching works by just triggering an ajax request to send another batch meaning the window has to be left open for that to even work. This also means your login session has to continue being active. If you've 10 hours worth of emails you've to let it sit for 10 hours. That's just not practical and is why I'm suggesting you use something better suited to handle what you're trying to do that can utilize CRON to schedule the batches so you don't have to do any of that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308536 by fsduarte
Replied by fsduarte on topic [#7137] Mass Mailer problem
Hello Krileon, I am also interested in this as our host provider only allows 100 emails or hour and put community has more than 200 users.

Could you please give just a little bit more detail on the two extensions you suggested to solve the problem so I can start to look for the solution?

Best regards,
Fabio.

5 years 5 months ago #308546 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#7137] Mass Mailer problem
The bug is already fixed. Simply use the batching features already built into the mass mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn