[#7137] Mass Mailer problem

5 years 5 months ago #308568 by fsduarte
Replied by fsduarte on topic [#7137] Mass Mailer problem
Hello Kyle, I just tried it again but it still does not work. There must be something missing in my system, maybe.

I setup a 4 recipients mass mail list with 2 e-mails per batch and 300 seconds pause between batches. When I hit "Send Mails" I got a message saying that two e-mails had been sent (so far so good) but maybe 5 seconds later I finally got the message that all 4 e-mails had been sent.

I am using Joomla 3.9.0 and CB 2.2.1

I would appreciate if you could give me some hint to look for the cause.

Best regards,
Fabio.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308584 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#7137] Mass Mailer problem

I am using Joomla 3.9.0 and CB 2.2.1

You needed to be using the latest build. The fixes of course after CB 2.2.1 are not going to be in CB 2.2.1. However CB 2.3 has released and recommend updating to CB 2.3 where the fix is included.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308586 by fsduarte
Thanks Kyle. Just noticed that CB 2.3.0 has appeared in the update list. I will update and test.

Regards,
Fabio.

5 years 5 months ago #308589 by fsduarte
Worked just fine for a pause of 300 seconds between batches. Now I need to check the points you raised when I need to pause for 1h and have two or three batches to send.

The batching works by just triggering an ajax request to send another batch meaning the window has to be left open for that to even work. This also means your login session has to continue being active. If you've 10 hours worth of emails you've to let it sit for 10 hours. That's just not practical...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn