problems with user rights

5 years 7 months ago #306826 by Gerdchen07
Replied by Gerdchen07 on topic problems with user rights
I turned SEF off and caused the error. URL is "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=saveuseredit&Itemid=397"
When I click the menu item URL is "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userdetails&Itemid=347" Access to "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userdetails&Itemid=347" is public at the moment. Usually it is not public, it is registered.

What means: "match it to its Joomla menu item then adjust the access for that menu item."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #306839 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problems with user rights

What means: "match it to its Joomla menu item then adjust the access for that menu item."

Navigate to Menus > All Menu Items then find the menu item with an ID (far right column) of 397 as that's the Itemid used in the save profile edit URL. Ensure that menu item has proper permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306846 by Gerdchen07
Menu item with ID 397 is published and public, but I still have the error

5 years 7 months ago #306862 by krileon
Don't know what more to suggest. You've a permissions problem somewhere most likely then. Set the user to Joomla standard Registered usergroup and see if that works fine. For your usergroup with elevated permissions ensure it's a child of Registered. Example as follows.

Public
- Registered
- - Custom

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306870 by Gerdchen07
It doesn't work. I use an other user type and it works.

5 years 7 months ago #306911 by krileon

I use an other user type and it works.

It doesn't work with Registered or it doesn't work with your custom usergroup? All default permissions are setup for Registered already so should work fine. Can't really help you any further as it's a permissions issue you've likely created by adding custom usergroups outside of existing parent usergroups preventing inheritance from working so you have to completely setup all their permissions (that's just how Joomla permissions work and isn't specific to CB).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn