Auto Actions Multiple Activities combined with sending email notification

5 years 6 months ago #307878 by morgster79
I would like to combine Task 1 and 2 actions into one Auto Action, or should i create separate auto actions? Could i get some help with Task 3 setup?

Task 1
- User types in a number into an CB field with configured as an integer. ie. 1.5

Trigger: onAfterUserUpdate
Type: Email
User: Auto
Access: Everyone
Condition: [field1] Equal to 1.5
Action: Email is sent, say number is correct

Problem: Even if the field is not touched everytime you update the profile, it sends an email because that number is stored in the Field. How can an email only be sent for when that field is edited/updated?
Do you have a list of substitutions that can be added into the email content ie. So i can add the Field value that they entered into the email content, user's name etc?

Task 2
- If 1.5 is added into the CB_field_1 above, then CB should tick a box in another CB_Field_2
I'm not sure on the below code to do that?

Trigger: onAfterUserUpdate
Type: ?
Condition: ?

Task 3
- Once a user is added to a Joomla UserGroup "Allowed", it should send an email

Trigger: joomla_onUserAfterSaveGroup ?
Type: Email
Condition: ?
Action: When user is added to a "Allowed" then an email is sent to them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307889 by krileon
You can't mix multiple types in the same action. Sounds like you need 3 separate actions as you're either using different triggers or different conditions. Please understand as you do not have an active support subscription we can no longer provide product support for you; if you should have any further CB Auto Actions questions please subscribe and post in the support forums. Free support is provided for Community Builder it self only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307902 by morgster79
Hi Krileon, thanks for that i will figure out how to do the actions, however could you give me advice on the email part? Every time i create an Email type event and i use the ..UserUpdate pr profileupdate Triggers it sends an email, even if the field is not edited, i basically only want to send the email if the field is edited or updated. Can you give me a heads-up on what the correct trigger is to use etc, so that the user doesn't get repeat emails, that's the only part i'm stuck on?

5 years 6 months ago #307950 by krileon
To have an action execute only if a field has changed its value you can use the below condition.

[var1_FIELD_NAME] Not Equal To [var3_FIELD_NAME]

var1 is the updated user object while var3 is the previous user object before changes were made. This will let you directly compare a fields stored value to determine if it was changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn