Info addons usability

5 years 3 months ago #309147 by fra11
Info addons usability was created by fra11
Hi, I'd like to know if the latest versions of the Addons can work well with the CB 2.1.3 version or if they must have the latest CB version (this because i have some issue to update my CB, due to some fixes made on it).
Thanks a lot, bye :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Info addons usability
Some might with older versions, but it's not recommended as they either have bugs that have been fixed or missing new features. We also don't provide support for out of date installs. This is why we do not recommend core modifications as it can cause issues for updating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309174 by fra11
Replied by fra11 on topic Info addons usability
Ok, I got you. My issue is that I had to make some edits for integrating some elements with Python, so if I upload CB do not know if the fiel gets changed totally or if it only adds the new parts of the code.
Thanks a lot :)

5 years 3 months ago #309210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Info addons usability
Updating CB will replace all core files. So if you modified core files your modifications will be lost. You'll need to backup then compare the two and re-add your changes or see about adding your changes using API instead of modifying core code. There's a lot you can do with CB Auto Actions and our many triggers to extend CB without touching core code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn