Show user list by gender

5 years 1 week ago #311685 by XBOOMX
Show user list by gender was created by XBOOMX
I'm working on a project involving women and men. I would like to achieve the following:
When a man registers on the page, he sees only one list of users in the women's.
When a woman registers, she sees only a list of men.
How should I go there? Do I need 2 user lists? Or just one that filters accordingly? Mandatory fields for the registration I have some, eg cb_gender with the selection "man" or "woman".
Should I provide another checkbox? So CB needs to know which gender registers and issue the list of users accordingly.
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #311715 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show user list by gender
Within your userlist add a Basic filter as follows.

cb_gender Not Equal To [cb_gender]

That should show all users that don't have the same gender as the viewing user. You'll of course need a field named cb_gender or something similar for your users to select their gender.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 week ago #311735 by XBOOMX
Replied by XBOOMX on topic Show user list by gender
Works very well, thanks.
Another question, how can I filter the Community Builder Online module by gender? So if a woman signs up, you should only see men who are online. Unfortunately, no filter settings found.

5 years 1 week ago #311747 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show user list by gender

Another question, how can I filter the Community Builder Online module by gender? So if a woman signs up, you should only see men who are online. Unfortunately, no filter settings found.

You can't as it has no functionality for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 week ago #311756 by XBOOMX
Replied by XBOOMX on topic Show user list by gender
OK thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn