CB PMS Plugin Questions

4 years 4 months ago #315563 by FSEconomy
CB PMS Plugin Questions was created by FSEconomy
I've finally gotten around to migrating my site from the uddePM interface to the "new" native CB Internal PM system. I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able to find by searching the forum or the CB2.0 Primer.

1. I have currently turned on the option to notify users (by email) of a new PM, but it's notifying everyone without any apparent way for individual users to opt out of email notifications. Is there a way to have users be able to opt out of of email notifications?

2. In the compose message area, below the editor box, there are some links to insert things into the message. Things like published articles and system-or-uploaded images. Is there a way to remove these items?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315566 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic CB PMS Plugin Questions
2. You'll have to change ACL for editors-xtd plugins.

4 years 4 months ago #315581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB PMS Plugin Questions

1. I have currently turned on the option to notify users (by email) of a new PM, but it's notifying everyone without any apparent way for individual users to opt out of email notifications. Is there a way to have users be able to opt out of of email notifications?

Yes, create a checkbox field then within Private Message System under Parameters > Notification set Notify to Field then for Notify Field select your checkbox field. This will allow them to toggle notifications on/off as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315589 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic CB PMS Plugin Questions

Astrid wrote: 2. You'll have to change ACL for editors-xtd plugins.

Perfect, I found those plugins and set the ACL appropriately. Thanks!

krileon wrote: Yes, create a checkbox field ...

Awesome. This might take me a while as it's not anything I've attempted to play with before.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315602 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic CB PMS Plugin Questions
I was able to work my way through setting up an opt-in PM-by-email field, thanks for the pointers.

Is there a place to edit the email footer?

It currently says:

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from FSE Communities

I'd like to add something along the lines of "To stop receiving these emails, please edit your profile and un-check the box."

4 years 4 months ago #315605 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic CB PMS Plugin Questions
You could make a language override.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn