CB Query?

4 years 4 months ago #315762 by jimstrong
CB Query? was created by jimstrong
Hi. I am hoping to use Community Builder to manage a small community for a charity, whereby the Administrator / Super User would set up the membership, rather than having the individual members logging in to do that themselves.

As part of this, the Admin needs to be able to link a user to several other ones, by adding fields that would present a drop-down list of other users to select from. I would then, I hope, be able to create a list that would show, for example, "list all users that are linked to user 1".

From what I'm reading, I will need to install CB Query Field to allow this. Is that correct, or are there other ways to achieve the same goal?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315772 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query?
That's exactly what Connections are for. Linking users together. Recommend just using connections and allowing users to connect with one another. Connections can't be managed by admins though. Aside from that yes I suppose you could use CB Query Field and its query multi-select fieldtype to select from a list of users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315774 by jimstrong
Replied by jimstrong on topic CB Query?
Yes, understood, but unfortunately, the admin needs to control it all and set it up, so it would mean logging in as user1 and then logging in as user2 etc etc.

So I'll go the CB Query Field route.

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds