Login/Logout/Sign up on special page

4 years 2 weeks ago #317432 by at99frodo
Login/Logout/Sign up on special page was created by at99frodo
I already had a public family type website when I decided to add a bunch of pages which I wanted to password protect. I wanted all the protections like email verification and moderator authorization. I added Community Builder and found it excellent and very easy to use, and gives me everything I want. Thanks.

There is one little thing that niggles a bit though and I'm sure there's an easy solution. When I added Community Builder it put the CB Login and CB Online boxes on the right of every page of the website. The thing is I want this box just on one page which I can select by menu or link. I've already got part of what I want by going to Modules CBLogin and setting Menu Assignments to only for my login page, (same with CB Online). My niggling problem is that I now have a big margin of whitespace where the login and online boxes used to be and I can't figure out how to get rid of it and make each page fill the available space as before. Can anyone help me?

I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317534 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login/Logout/Sign up on special page
Set your CB Login Module menu assignment to None then create Joomla menu items for CBs login and logout pages if you don't want to use the module. As for the CB Online Module simply unpublish it. Alternatively you can keep both modules and simply move them to different module positions if you don't like where they were placed by default. As for the extra whitespace that doesn't really have anything to do with CB. Module positions are entirely controlled by your Joomla template, which seams to think something is still in that module position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317544 by at99frodo
Replied by at99frodo on topic Login/Logout/Sign up on special page
Thanks very much Kyle. With your help, I've solved the main problem. I've recovered all that white space on the right for useful information. Now everything seems to work more or less correctly, but I've got another niggling problem. When I go to my Login/logout menu page (for which I used the CB login as the menu item type) I see two identical login boxes one above the other (the bottom one having the title CB login, the top one no title). When I log in, the top one correctly changes to a logout box, but on the bottom, I now get an error message:-
"Error
Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

Needless to say, cookies are enabled and I've reloaded the page.

Do you know what's going on. I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks again.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login/Logout/Sign up on special page
The CB Login Module is already rendered on the login page so there's no reason to assign the login module to that page. Simply set the CB Login Module menu assignment to None as instructed above.

Session cookie errors should be impossible now. We don't use a separate cookie anymore. It relies entirely on your Joomla session. If you see that error then it typically means something has happened to your Joomla session cookie to cause the spoof check to fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn