Managing the visibility of activities in the CB Activity Module (Wall)

3 years 11 months ago #318106 by krileon

Is it possible to set a default filter for all users ? Is it possible to forbide the "all" filter ?

No, it is not possible to set a default filter at this time.

Is it planned to modify the ASSET of the module to be able to put the same parameters as in the filter?

No, but there are plans to add additional assets that CB GroupJive can properly interpret for the output you're wanting (e.g. probably something like user.mygroups, user.joinedgroups, etc..).

I click on groups or relations tab, filter is ok, so i'm not on the "all" tab.
I wait, update comes but charge informations from "all" tab, not my filter.

You mean when it updates the stream with new activity entries it's not using the filter you selected? Could just be an issue with the stream refresh URL, yes. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7964

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318117 by jperel
Thanks again for all of your précise answers and for creating this problem.

It seems that the options of automatic update or automatic loading do not exist in Groupjives (activities or wall).
Is this correct and is it planned?

There are two tabs in a group, an activity and a wall.
Is there a difference between these two tabs?

Best regards

3 years 11 months ago #318128 by krileon

It seems that the options of automatic update or automatic loading do not exist in Groupjives (activities or wall).
Is this correct and is it planned?

All stream features exist for every stream. The activity stream in CB GroupJive Groups is output by CB Auto Actions and its System Action responsible for that. It has that feature configured to "Same as Global" so whatever is configured in CB Activity > Parameters will be applied there unless you make a copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream" and edit it in the copy to force it on just for GJ.

There are two tabs in a group, an activity and a wall.
Is there a difference between these two tabs?

The activity tab is powered by CB Activity and output by CB Auto Actions. The Wall is legacy GJ Wall integration that has been basically replaced by CB Activity usage, but not removed yet. GJ Wall be going away in a future update once CB Activity streams have been improved further for easier integration with other plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318173 by jperel

All stream features exist for every stream. The activity stream in CB GroupJive Groups is output by CB Auto Actions and its System Action responsible for that. It has that feature configured to "Same as Global" so whatever is configured in CB Activity > Parameters will be applied there unless you make a copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream" and edit it in the copy to force it on just for GJ.

I think we configure as you said :
We have a CB Activity CB Groupjive - Stream :

In CB/Plugin Management/CB Activity :

But there is no Auto Update.
Do I do someting wrong or is there a bug ?
Best Regards
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318193 by krileon
Then that feature should work perfectly fine. Are there new posts for it to even load in? If the stream takes too long to find new posts it will give up to prevent someones browser from pinging your site constantly. Easy way to test this is open a group in 2 different tabs. Make a post in 1 of the tabs. Now wait for the other tab to update. This seams to work perfectly fine in my tests.

Note it does not auto update instantly. This is not a PUSH system. You would need a websocket backend for that which PHP is not. This means it is a PULL system and it does this by polling your site with an http request at specified interval to see if there are any new posts. The interval is configurable within CB Activity > Parameters > Loader if you want it to check faster. By default it only checks once every minute and if it fails to find new posts by default 60 times it will give up.

As you do not have an active subscription it is also possible you have an out of date release of CB Activity where this may not be working reliably.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 11 months ago #318275 by jperel
Hi,
We have now with new versions :

Joomla! 3.9.18
CB Builder : 2.4.5
GroupJive : 3.4.0+build.2020.04.06.14.56.39.c5d651453
CB Activity : 5.0.0+build.2020.04.01.16.33.07.60c9ebace
CB Auto Actions : 8.0.0+build.2020.04.17.17.38.41.bcf774668

Our versions are now up to date.
But the non-automatic update that group activity persists.
In the CB ACtivity module which presents a user's stream, the automatic update works.
We have changed the update settings.
But in the stream of a particular group, the update is not done.

I'm sorry to have to relaunch you.
Best Regards
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn