How to Register with/without Admin approval in Joomla+CB Setting

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319076 by Ake2017
Setting: Latest Joomla (3.9) + Latest CB (2.4.5)

Requirement: .
I want a visitor to be able to register as a Registered[-"common"] user automatically (without any intervention from Admins).
But a visitor should also be able to register as a Registered[-type"N"] user which would require admin authorization before access is given.
Where "N" is one of several Registered User Access Levels as previously defined.

I have not found where this situation is explained, so please point me in the right direction.
Issue1: How should the Joomla Login and the CB Login/Registration modules play together in this context (I have successfully used only the CB Login in a simpler setting.)
Issue2: How do I make the Registration Module give the visitor the right options and then perform the correct registration procedure (direct access/admin approval)

kind regards /Ake

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319094 by krileon

Issue1: How should the Joomla Login and the CB Login/Registration modules play together in this context (I have successfully used only the CB Login in a simpler setting.)

You need to be using exclusively CBs login and registration. By default CB should redirect them away from Joomla to CB though.

Issue2: How do I make the Registration Module give the visitor the right options and then perform the correct registration procedure (direct access/admin approval)

So you want to toggle needing registration approval based off the value of a field? or you want a specific field to require approval before its value changes?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #319101 by Ake2017
1. Thanks for clearing this up.
2. If a certain checkbox is ticked, admin approval is required, else not.

3 years 10 months ago #319119 by krileon

2. If a certain checkbox is ticked, admin approval is required, else not.

Best approach is to probably have a Code action acting on onBeforeUserRegistration change the approval behavior based off a field. This can be done with the below for example.

Global
Triggers: onBeforeUserRegistration
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
FIELD_NAME Equal To 1
Action
Method: PHP
Code:
global $ueConfig;

$ueConfig['reg_admin_approval'] = 1;

This should turn on admin approval if FIELD_NAME has a value of 1, which for a checkbox field means it has been checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ake2017

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn