How to add a "mathematical addition" field to the register page

2 years 7 months ago #326086 by Phobos94
Hello everyone,

I would like to add a "mathematical addition" field on the Community Builder registration page.
I have a lot of robots that come and register on my site.
Example: I would like a field that would ask to solve for example: 4 + 3
The user will have to put "7" in a box to be able to continue registering
Do you have any idea how to set up this field?

Thanking you in advance and wishing you a good day

Phobos94

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326097 by krileon
You'll need CB AntiSpam for that and its Captcha field. It comes with multiple captcha modes including a math mode.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326110 by Phobos94
Thank you for your reply.
I have just acquired CB AntiSpam.
I am saving my site and my database before installation.
Is the installation safe?
(I made code modifications to Joomla but not to CB).
I really care about my site and really wouldn't like to have a site crash

2 years 7 months ago #326111 by Phobos94
Installation successfully completed!
I saw that we could save the user's IP address during registration via a custom "HTML" field.
Do you know how I can do it?
Thank you in advance!

2 years 7 months ago #326115 by krileon
If "Log Registration IP Address" is enabled in CB > Configuration > Registration then ip address is already being saved and there's nothing further to do. Use the "antispam_ipaddress" field included with CB AntiSpam to display their ip address on profile if needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn