CB User Manager re-subscribe/un-subscribe

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157161 by amazeika
Hi,

I just noticed that SQL actions are not triggering when re-subscribing/un-subscribing users directly in the CB User Manager.

The SQL statements work just fine, so this is not the problem. The actions are just not being triggered.

So far I've tested this with re-subscribe and un-subscribe actions. I suppose that the subscribe action might also be bugged.

Could you please confirm this issue ?.

Thanks,

Arunas

Arunas Mazeika
WeXtend.com - Professional development for Joomla!.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User Manager re-subscribe/un-subscribe
If you're updating the _comprofiler database table with your SQL Action then this would be the cause of the queries failing in backend. This is because SQL Actions fire BEFORE profile update. This means your SQL changes the database, then profile data changes it back. This is due to the order of execution. We've a ticket in place to address the execution order so backend manipulation of _comprofiler will be functional. It should work fine on frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157215 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re: CB User Manager re-subscribe/un-subscribe
Krileon,

I'm not modifying the comprofiler table. The SQL actions are just not being triggered when subscriptions are managed (so far I tested un-subscribe & re-subscribe) using the CB User Manager, i.e. while editing the user profile.

Arunas

Arunas Mazeika

13 years 1 month ago #157216 by krileon
Could you provide an example of the query you're trying to execute? Can you confirm it's working fine when subscribing from frontend?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157218 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re: CB User Manager re-subscribe/un-subscribe
Everything works just fine when users subscribe. I'm calling some stored procedures for integration with phpBB3.

The stored procs are valid, I double checked by calling them manually. I also tried with a simple INSERT statement, same thing, the test row is not being inserted.

This problem was introduced in one of the newest versions (v1.1.x). This was working just fine on v1.0.3.

Arunas Mazeika

13 years 1 month ago #157439 by krileon
Are you manipulating the _comprofiler table? If so then this would be the problem. Manipulation of _comprofiler from backend via SQL Actions will not update any columns due to execution order. Is a known issue we've plans to address with a later release. This should NOT affect "import" of subscriptions or subscriptions made from frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn