Minor: button on subscription tab over engineered

13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #157632 by susanskinner
The button at the bottom of the subscription tab is fancier than it needs to be and causes confusion in the real world. The text on the button changes based on the plans available. Mine usually says "Update / Donate". However from my users point of view they are renewing not upgrading. The system has it's definition that if you are changing from one plan to another it is an upgrade but in the case of obsoleting one plan and replacing it with a new one (different price) to the users it is a renewal. The fact they click on a different plan from the one they are currently subscribed to doesn't mater to them, they are there to continue their membership. It didn't seem like a button that said "Upgrade" when renewing was that big of deal but after getting several complaints from confused people, I finally installed the English language pack so that I could change the text but as the final text on the button is dynamically generated it complicated what I could do. I finally changed the "upgrade" text to say "Renew / Upgrade" which makes my button now very long and says "Renew / Upgrade / Donate". It would actually be better if the button text was not dynamic and was much more generic such as "Next", "Submit", or "Continue"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 weeks ago #157962 by krileon
This can be changed by editing the "value" of the button within the CBSubs template files at the following location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/templates/default/userupgradeplans/default.php

Simply changing "value" to whatever you like will alter the buttons display to be that static value. Revert back to $this->buttonName for dynamic display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: susanskinner, valunite, edjec, jvande

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn