PayPal unsubscribe in CBSubs doesn't work

13 years 2 days ago #161234 by mcooper03
When a customer that paid and has a subscription through PayPal uses the cancel option on my site it doesn't cancel in PayPal. The result is from my site the users subscription and access is canceled but they continue to be charged at PayPal. This makes customers angry and I need a fix. I have the latest CB and CBsubs running on Joomla 1.5.22.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 15 hours ago #161413 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: PayPal unsubscribe in CBSubs doesn't work
Cancelling from the CBSubs site will NOT cancel from PayPal. It is impossible for the user to cancel from CBSubs with an active recurring subscription on PayPals end. When the user clicks the cancel button they will be sent to a page telling them they must cancel from PayPals end with a link sending them there. Once they cancel at PayPal it sends an IPN to your site, which will then allow them to cancel their actual active subscription (whether they cancel on your site or not if they cancel at PayPal they will not be billed any further).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #161548 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re: PayPal unsubscribe in CBSubs doesn't work
There is something else that has been happening. When a customer pays with PayPal their subscription on my site expires after the 1st month and they get a prompt to re-activate. However if they go to their PayPal accounts the subscription is still active and they are being charged. Why is the subscription in cbsubs getting expired automatically and the PayPal subscriptions not?

12 years 11 months ago #161579 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: PayPal unsubscribe in CBSubs doesn't work
This sounds like the user did not initiate a recurring subscription, but instead a single payment. However, it does not explain why they've a subscription on their site.

Please navigate to your PayPal account and review IPN History to ensure the IPN was sent/received correctly. Without IPN being configured, if it is not, then recurring payments will not work correctly as CBSubs won't receive a notification regarding them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.574 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn