[SOLVED] Creating a user in backend - error in subscription

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #162164 by jered@saverexpress.com
[SOLVED] Creating a user in backend - error in subscription was created by jered@saverexpress.com
Good day Gentlemen, Upon upgrading to 1.1.2 I found something interesting and very annoying that happens when trying to add a user in the BACKEND.

Every time someone is registered in the backend, it doesnt matter what you select in the subscription tab, it will get ignored and will show a "free lifetime subscription" with no way to select anything else.

This did not happend with CBsubs 1.1.1
Registering via frontend using direct link works as expected, only in backend is the problem.

Registering the User:

After registering:

the workaround was to import the user after adding them, but this is yet another more step to do.

also, is there a way to disable the ajax email verification on community builder's USER MANAGEMENT?
As it tries to redetect the email again (which can take up to 5 minutes) when minor changes were made to the profile of the user,
slowing down the update process considerable if you want to update a lot of users.

Another quirck is: when searching in the USER MANAGEMENT using ADVANCED, after you enter the profile of someone and click close, the search settings will reset to default.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162283 by krileon

After registering:

None of your plans appear to allow upgrades. Backend respects CBSubs workflows as seen on frontend.

also, is there a way to disable the ajax email verification on community builder's USER MANAGEMENT?

No, backend ajax checking is not possible to disable.

As it tries to redetect the email again (which can take up to 5 minutes) when minor changes were made to the profile of the user,
slowing down the update process considerable if you want to update a lot of users.

This is a known issue we're addressing with next release. I do not have the link directly, but Beat has provided a workaround if you'd like to apply it please search or check forge.

Another quirck is: when searching in the USER MANAGEMENT using ADVANCED, after you enter the profile of someone and click close, the search settings will reset to default.

Working as intended, your search results are not cached.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162287 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re: Creating a user in backend - error in subscription

None of your plans appear to allow upgrades. Backend respects CBSubs workflows as seen on frontend.

Child plans allow upgrade, but the master ones (the root ones) dont.
Like I said before, before 1.1.2 this didnt happened.. why it suddenly is now enforcing the "no upgrade, no backend change" behavior?

the solution would be setting the master plans to "allow upgrade to " as well?

problems is, we want to give exclusive subscriptions to diferent groups that cannot switch of group even if they wanted. (Ie, different branches, each one with different services & access levels), is there a work around for this issue?

This is a known issue we're addressing with next release. I do not have the link directly, but Beat has provided a workaround if you'd like to apply it please search or check forge.

Thanks ill take a look around.

Working as intended, your search results are not cached.

I find it extrange that it keeps the "approved not blocked" "not approved" and similar rules but not the search.

*edit*

Tried allowing "upgrade to this"; error still happens in the backend.
it doesnt register to the selected subscriptions.. it just resets back to "free lifetime".
and if its set to "free lifetime", onyl change was: there were no options visible to upgrade when re-accessing the created user, now you can "upgrade".
note that registering in the frontend works perfectly fine. so its just an issue that started since I upgraded to version 1.4 of CB and 1.1.2 of CBsubs.
so this is really confusing.

12 years 11 months ago #162730 by krileon

Child plans allow upgrade, but the master ones (the root ones) dont.
Like I said before, before 1.1.2 this didnt happened.. why it suddenly is now enforcing the "no upgrade, no backend change" behavior?

This is because pre-1.1.2 this was a bug, which is now fixed.

the solution would be setting the master plans to "allow upgrade to " as well?

Yes or giving the user a subscription through the Import feature.

I find it extrange that it keeps the "approved not blocked" "not approved" and similar rules but not the search.

Search is not cached through typical filtering API. It's just altering display of user management from the POST data. This is why the filters are not lost on page reload.

Tried allowing "upgrade to this"; error still happens in the backend.
it doesnt register to the selected subscriptions.. it just resets back to "free lifetime".
and if its set to "free lifetime", onyl change was: there were no options visible to upgrade when re-accessing the created user, now you can "upgrade".
note that registering in the frontend works perfectly fine. so its just an issue that started since I upgraded to version 1.4 of CB and 1.1.2 of CBsubs.
so this is really confusing.

Please PM backend login credentials so may take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163329 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and no plans are showing after registration because none of your Parent plans allow upgrade. With this set a user can not obtain one of those parent plans and subsequently any of its child plans after they've already registered. Plan upgrades basically mean if that plan can be obtained for existing users or not. Please set your parent plans to allow upgrade; alternatively if a user has no subscription at all they should be able to obtain a plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 11 months ago #163418 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re: Creating a user in backend - error in subscription
Krileon, the problem is again, not upgrading.. since we do not need to upgrade AFTER they registered (noone is supposed to register outside the direct registration links).

the problem is, registering on BACKEND (Ie, from zero to registered..) doesnt load the selected subscription.

It seems you're still not understanding what I try to mean.

a simple way to explain this would be:

1.- User is missing from the database, so let's say our vendor gives us the information.
2.- we add them using the backend (plans are visible when REGISTERING A NEW ONE using the back end)
3.- Regardless of what we choose when REGISTERING a NEW USER (subscription wise..) they're reset to FREE SUBSCRIPTION. (before in 1.1.1 you could register with no problem..)

CREATE NEW USER -> SELECT SUBSCRIPTION DURING REGISTRATION -> ONCE PRESSING ACCEPT CHANGES, NEW USER GETS _NO_ SUBSCRIPTIONS.

let's say the site I manage is completely controlled by autorized agents only (only vendors of our service can register users with special hidden links, aka the comprofiler registration links with the respective cbsubs plans )
but sometimes we still need to add them in backend in case the autorized agent didnt register the client by mistake )

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn