[SOLVED] Professional Member Install still has Free Version

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #154662 by davelady
Hello:

I installed the free version, liked it, and bought a professional membership. I then uninstall-ed the free version and installed the version from the professional membership download area, however the community tab in the user profile still comes up and tells the user that I am using the free version... Joomla 1.6 clean install..also, the professional download says it was put on the site on Feb 3 and is 1.4RC, where the 'free' version was put up feb 14 and is version 1.4, what am I missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154697 by nant
CB 1.4 has been released - this is the latest version and it is free to everyone.

As a professional member you get much more than the free CB.

You get access to all Advanced Member Downloads - www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cat_view/56-advanced-member-download-area

Which contains the latest CB Add-ons - www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/add-ons

and you can download the detailed CB documentation to take full advantage of the free CB you already have installed (see Advanced Member download area for download).

You also gain access to all 23 CB Incubator projects - www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/incubator

and of course priority support forum access (this area).

You also get access to new release candidates (when they become available) of CB - this is the CB 1.4 RC package you see in the Professional Download area (now moved to archive section).

13 years 1 month ago #154708 by davelady
Thank you for the reply. I think I understand, however I have made a mistake then and would like to cancel the subscription I paid for yesterday. I love the product and the functionality, and I (as demonstrated) am willing to pay for a membership plugin, however, my site needs to present 100% professional, and having your tab in all the member profiles saying I am using a free plugin does not work for me.

Typically when you pay the fee the advertising goes away. Otherwise your product is terrific and I wish you all the best.

Do please confirm that you will refund my subscription from yesterday.

DEL

13 years 1 month ago #154874 by krileon
As a subscriber you're entitled to remove the menu link from the CB Menu. Please see your documentation (available to Advanced and Professional users) concerning CB Menu to remove the advert. We do not have a Tab with any form of advertisement.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154930 by davelady
Hi krileon: This is great news thanks for your feedback, would you mind being a little more specific than 'see my documentation'..

also, "We do not have a Tab with any form of advertisement." is not a true statement, why would you say that? In the membership profile there is a button that loads a page with all kinds of advertising on it. I'm not trying to be argumentative, it just seems odd that you would state something that is completely false.. by default there is a "community builder" tab in the user profile with a selection of "about community builder" that loads all kinds of advertising...

I love your product and am not trying to be a jerk, however it is just odd that you posted that...

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #154932 by krileon

Hi krileon: This is great news thanks for your feedback, would you mind being a little more specific than 'see my documentation'..

Page 89 to be exact at the very top please review the first "Note:".

also, "We do not have a Tab with any form of advertisement." is not a true statement, why would you say that? In the membership profile there is a button that loads a page with all kinds of advertising on it. I'm not trying to be argumentative, it just seems odd that you would state something that is completely false.. by default there is a "community builder" tab in the user profile with a selection of "about community builder" that loads all kinds of advertising...

Sorry, misunderstood; this is not a Tab however. It is the About page (can see the confusion :P). The instructions in the documentation will remove this link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davelady

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn