[SOLVED] HELP! Ideal Virtuemart - CB Subs Workflow

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156864 by JBDXLT123
The website in question has 3 primary aspects:

A public Side (with content that anyone can view)

A Paid Members-Only Side (where CB Subs will handle access)

An Online Store that’s open to the public and members (Virtuemart handles carting and payment)

Mistakenly, I thought I could just restrict access to the member’s only areas by menu using Joomla’s native ACL. This logic goes south when a person uses the store and Virtuemart automatically assigns them to the ‘registered’ access level. If I could figure out how to force VM to assign shoppers to ‘public front-end’ this might have worked.

Then comes a problem with Virtuemart and the silent checkout option which gathers a lot of the same information that CB would. When setup this way a shopper will breeze through the checkout process and will skip CB altogether, leaving a registered user in the system with just an e-mail and username (that match). I’ve read that then when this shopper decides to become a member, CB Subs will reject their e-mail because it’s already in the system!

I can’t believe this setup is that unusual so there must be an ideal way to configure both extensions to play nice but I can’t find the answers so I’ve started this thread. Thanks in advance for the replies!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156912 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: HELP! Ideal Virtuemart - CB Subs Workflow
Believe what's happening is your users are not synchronized. You'll need to use professional subscriber incubator project CB VirtueMart to ensure users are kept in sync. It does this based on CB triggers such as after registration, profile update, etc... You can select what shopper group a user belongs to as well for the synchronization.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156923 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: HELP! Ideal Virtuemart - CB Subs Workflow
Hi Kyle, thanks for the quick reply-
I’ve got the two files (cbvirtuemart and cbtriggers) but I find little documentation on the incubator site. Are these installed via Joomla’s extension manager or CD’s plugin manager?
Once installed, is there a guide or do I just experiment?

13 years 1 month ago #156980 by krileon
There is no documentation for incubator projects. Nick has been provided basic video tutorials when possible. At any rate they are installed as CB plugins (nearly all incubator projects will be). Once installed you setup a synchronization, you select the trigger and the rest is guided from there. For easy trigger selection simply select a trigger from the drop-down such as after login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156999 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: HELP! Ideal Virtuemart - CB Subs Workflow
Thakks for the reply..

I HAVE A MUCH BIGER problem then that; configured a subscription to hide and restrict content like in the UC4 Content Subscription Plan and it’s not working.. menu items show no warnings, modules are shown when they should be hidden. Checked, triple checked and flushed cache while trying different combinations..

13 years 1 month ago #157163 by krileon
This typically means ioncube was not configured correctly and the check within the CBSubs Joomla plugin is failing to validate ioncube install. Please check that if you enabled ioncube via php.ini that you placed it in Joomla root AND root/administrator. Please also check that the bot is actually installed, published, and public. If your plan is free lifetime please check within CBSubs > Settings > Global that you've configured CBSubs to create subscriptions for free lifetime plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn