date field

13 years 1 month ago #156896 by Anahid
date field was created by Anahid
Hi, i have a date field. i need a rule that check if the user is over 21 years old. is it possible? in the other hand, i need that the predefined name field, has a rule, it is mandatory to complete the field with 3 words (name, first name and last name) is possible? thank you very much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: date field
To validate the date field you could use incubator project CB Redirect and check the date fields value with REGEX condition using the BEFORE registration trigger. If failed you can redirect them back to registration with an error message.

For the name fields you could configure within CB configuration on the General tab the display to be First and Last name display then ensure the fields are set as Required in Field Management, this would force the user to complete them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157193 by Anahid
Replied by Anahid on topic Re: date field
hi, i have installed cd redirect and i have added field type date but i can not get working. could you be more specific?. i send you captures.

For the name fields , My clients wants all in one field. he wants only one field and force user to write tree words for name and first and second surname. this can be ?

thank you very much.
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #157222 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: date field
Your user group is not valid, folks when using an incubator project directly to the right of every parameter is a description of its usage. Please read the information carefully. You must select all usergroups to include in the check, Public or Users is not a valid group. If you want it to function for registered users for example set it to Registered.

Have confirmed though that access to public users is NULL and that the plugin does not allow selecting "Everybody". Please wait for next release to use the on BEFORE triggers.

For the name fields , My clients wants all in one field. he wants only one field and force user to write tree words for name and first and second surname. this can be ?

Then within CB configuration set the name format to a single name field. There's no reason to modify the contents or anything of the sort. Then within the name field edit the validation to PERL Regular Expression and provide REGEX to ensure is 3 words.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anahid

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds