Lost Password function won't work

13 years 1 month ago #156984 by PattyHultquist
Lost Password function won't work was created by PattyHultquist
I have a multisites setup with 15 sites running under one Joomla installation. The lost password functionality does not work on the main site but works on the slave sites. Everything else related to Community Builder seems to work.

For the main site, when filling out the Lost Password Info, it redirects to the root of the main site (which is not even a Joomla page) and does not go to the done site. It does not send an email and it does not change the password.

For a slave site, it redirects to a done page which is blank. It changes the password and sends the email.

I'm using CB v1.2.1. Joomla v1.5.15.

Joomla login is unpublished.
Menu items for CB all exist.
CB templates are enabled.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156997 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Lost Password function won't work
Your install is massively out of date, please upgrade.

I'm using CB v1.2.1

Latest CB 1.4.

Joomla v1.5.15

Latest 1.5.22.

We can't help otherwise, sorry. As your issue could already be resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157226 by PattyHultquist
Replied by PattyHultquist on topic Re: Lost Password function won't work
krileon, you emailed this response:
What do you mean the root of the main site is not a Joomla page? Please ensure you're not using an HTML landing page in Joomlas root. Please also test with default Joomla template to ensure the message tag isn't missing. Please test on the main sit the Mass Mailer within CB User Management to ensure emails are even sending.

---
Since this is a global site, there is a landing page outside of the Joomla setup that allows the visitor to select their country. That selector then points the visitor to the home page of the correct site which is the default home page setup in Joomla multisites.
If I remove that landing page outside of Joomla, the lost password then functions correctly for the main site.
The landing page is a php page. It is a necessary page to keep. Is there some code that I could put in this page to allow community builder to direct properly so that the lost password functionality could work? Or do I need to incorporate this landing page into Joomla somehow? It seems odd that a plugin cannot function correctly simply because of a page existing outside of Joomla.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157263 by krileon

Since this is a global site, there is a landing page outside of the Joomla setup that allows the visitor to select their country.

Is your landing page at for example www.mysite.com/ and you hit the landing? This would be a problem if this is the case. You should use landing page extensions built for Joomla. Any redirect to home would mess up with such a landing page.

This won't prevent the forgot password feature from working, but it certainly prevents you from seeing any message as a result of using the feature. As in you can't see any error message that follows the redirect due to the landing page. Typically if there's an error you're sent to the homepage with a message that is displayed in the templates message tag (if template is missing it please test with default template).

You also did not comment if Mass Mailer is working, which it isn't because your install is out of date and does not exist. Please again, upgrade. I can not help you with an install that's out of date. We provide new version precisely to fix such issues; without upgrading you of course won't have any fixes we've worked hard to provide.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157615 by PattyHultquist
Replied by PattyHultquist on topic Re: Lost Password function won't work
I am going to do the upgrade of CB but have some questions. I have multisites setup with one master site 16 different slave sites. Can I perform the upgrade just once on the master site? I'm assuming this is the case since that looks to be how it is currently setup, but wanted to make sure.

Regarding the landing page outside of joomla and displaying the error messages, I am not seeing them at all. I do not currently have the default template setup in Joomla so I'm not able to easily switch to it. I will have to get this working soon. Do you feel the landing page outside of Joomla is what's causing the lost password issue, or is it the fact that I cannot display error messages?

13 years 1 month ago #157717 by krileon

I am going to do the upgrade of CB but have some questions. I have multisites setup with one master site 16 different slave sites. Can I perform the upgrade just once on the master site? I'm assuming this is the case since that looks to be how it is currently setup, but wanted to make sure.

Suppose so, CB isn't designed to be multi-site. I recommend making a backup before upgrading and reviewing documentation closely concerning upgrading from your existing version to ensure no specific steps need to be taken.

Regarding the landing page outside of joomla and displaying the error messages, I am not seeing them at all. I do not currently have the default template setup in Joomla so I'm not able to easily switch to it. I will have to get this working soon. Do you feel the landing page outside of Joomla is what's causing the lost password issue, or is it the fact that I cannot display error messages?

I can't tell you what's happening with lost password because you have a landing page which is messing up reaching your site at www.example.com/ as it will always load index.html (if present) instead of the needed index.php. Your template likely is missing the important message tag which would cause ALL messages to never display, this includes errors. Without this working you can't see any confirmation or failed messages that'd be displayed after using the forgot login feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn