[SOLVED] CB articles

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157016 by madseman
[SOLVED] CB articles was created by madseman
The incubator cb articles plugin:

How can I have a tab that shows only the K2 articles in tab one, and a tab two that shows only the Joomla articles?

Is that possible?

Can I change the plugin so that I can have it installed twice?

Best regards
Mads

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157168 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB articles

Is that possible?

No, not without heavy modifications.

Can I change the plugin so that I can have it installed twice?

You COULD, but you'd have to change ALL class names to something different like cbarticles1 instead of cbarticles or they'd conflict. The plugin is large so would be a massive undertaking in addition to the risk of missing something and just ending up with fatal PHP errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157381 by madseman
Replied by madseman on topic Re: CB articles
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your reply and answer.
I think replacement of classes is over my head ;)

Do you have plans to release a cb plugin tab that only will show the Joomla articles, so in that way I can use the other plugin to show only K2 articles.
I know there is a plugin at JED, that only show Joomla! articles, but I like the way of the search feature and I can't find a plugin that have pagning built-in.

The way I have "built" my page up, is that I have Images from Powermail comming in to the Joomla! articles and ordinary articles in K2.
So therefore I have to show them in to tabs, so they not will be blended together.
(Images in one tab and articles in another)

Do you maybe have an idea what I can do elsewhere?

Best regards
Mads

13 years 1 month ago #157427 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB articles
It already only shows Joomla articles, just set its model to Joomla. I've no plans to allow tab duplication. You can also select what categories/sections to exclude, etc.. from display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157753 by madseman
Replied by madseman on topic Re: CB articles
Thank you for your answer.

"It already only shows Joomla articles, just set its model to Joomla. I've no plans to allow tab duplication. You can also select what categories/sections to exclude, etc.. from display."

I know, but it is not solving my issue ;)
But thanks anyway :)

Best regards
Mads

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds