fields content deleted after editing other fields

13 years 3 weeks ago #158107 by lucio@luciodattaro.eu
fields content deleted after editing other fields was created by lucio@luciodattaro.eu
Hello,
I use CB 1.4 and Joomla 1.5.22.
When a user edits a profile field from the frontend, some other fields are deleted.
If I (super administrator) edit the fields from the backend, no field is deleted.
Lucio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158186 by krileon
What type of fields are losing their content? Please be more specific. Fields should not be losing their values unless profile save is failing and the profile is not updating to begin with.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158302 by lucio@luciodattaro.eu
Replied by lucio@luciodattaro.eu on topic Re: fields content deleted after editing other fields
Hello,
thanks for your reply, the fields are: Nome (firstname), Cognome (lastname), cb_datanascita (birthdate), cb_dataiscrizione (enrolment date).

13 years 3 weeks ago #158358 by krileon
Are any other fields losing values? If you update a field not one of the above listed then does its value save when saving profile? Please test with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158491 by lucio@luciodattaro.eu
Replied by lucio@luciodattaro.eu on topic Re: fields content deleted after editing other fields
Hello,
I have changed the settings and now the site is down:
No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...
Please, can you help me?
Lucio

13 years 3 weeks ago #158506 by krileon
Don't understand what the issue is, your configuration file is gone? Did you delete it manually? Joomlas configuration file or CBs configuration file?

I recommend starting over from scratch, please review documentation closely on how to install and configure CB. Please also refer to Joomlas documentation on how to setup and install Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn