Registration Fails if Special characters are used?

13 years 3 weeks ago #158606 by imaaxx
Hello,

I have a very strange issue on my site, if someone registers and uses a Special character during the registration process they will get an error of invalid password or they don’t match.

I am using Joomla 1.5.22, CB 1.4, JCE 1.5.7.10, Account Expiration Control Component Version 0.14.4, Revision 3344, 404SH Installed version: 2.2.3.945 and the most recent CB plug-in Captcha and Ajax fields.

Here is the login URL for our site: www.teamwebsitehosting.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=343

If this is mentioned somewhere else please feel free to point me in the right direction as I have searched for this and was not able to find anything.

Kind Regards

Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158635 by krileon
Please check within field management when editing the field that you have authorized input configured to any string. Could not confirm your issue locally. You also are not using CBs normal workflows. You appear to be using com_acctexp, which I do not know what it is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158643 by imaaxx
Hello,

Yes i can confirm that we are using the “any string” setting for the password field. AEC is a subscription component that we have been using for many years now. Here is there URL valanx.org/ we have also posted in their forums with regards to this issue.

Thanks

13 years 3 weeks ago #158702 by krileon
I can not proceed to investigate with AEC installed. Please create a fresh install within a sub-domain or sub-folder and confirm if registration is then working. If it is then there is certainly a conflict at some point. It's likely something is conflicting with CB 1.4 new jQuery validation method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn