[SOLVED] Comment

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #159182 by frankgill
[SOLVED] Comment was created by frankgill
Is there a comment feature within the CB add ons. I installed webee but it has changed the fonts of the web pages and articles in which the comment boxs are places
Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #159208 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Comment
The plugin ProfileBook offers a Guestbook, Wall, and Blog tab. Either the Wall or Guestbook could be used to provide commenting. ProfileBook is available to advanced and professional (your self) subscribers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #159228 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: Comment
Thanks - What I want to do is allow for a comment after each article separate to a forum comment, can this be done.

12 years 11 months ago #159300 by krileon
CB does not provide article commenting. You'll need a 3rd party extension to do this. Please search Joomla.org for a solution (there are quite a few). I have personally used jComments successfully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #159316 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: Comment
Thanks, I will try this - i have tried webee but it changed the fonts on the page it was placed.

I have also installed discussion for the forum but was wondering if CB had a discussion forum module/pligin that I can use in order to get the full functionality that CB has. Also, how can I 'sex-up' the frontend of the user profile module. I have seen a nice user profile design on the web page articlebase.com/org and am wondering if CB can achieve the same level of design.

Cheers

12 years 11 months ago #159342 by krileon
CB does not handle providing a discussion bot either, you'll need to find one specific to your Joomla forum extension.

As for profile templates most put a lot of work into redesigning with CSS to meet their needs. This is just something that takes time and good understanding of CSS. Some profile elements can be changed directly via PHP by editing the CB templates PHP file. You can find more on template file locations in the documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds