Data not sticking

12 years 11 months ago #159517 by Taboga
Data not sticking was created by Taboga
When I enter the data from the front end, I get this wonky thing going on in the registration area (Does not take my registration-just sits and spins) so I try to re-register and it says that my username has been taken.
So I go in the back user management area, and I see where I registered, but none of my information was retained. vetsinpain.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #159556 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Data not sticking
This appears to be due to the jQuery validation failing. Please see the below error.
a.validator.methods[method] is undefined
[Break On This Error] */(function(a){a.extend(a.fn,{validat...urn d.apply(e,arguments)})}})}(jQuery)

This would mean something is conflicting with CBs jQuery and preventing proper validation and form submit. The conflict appears to be coming from the below.
Image corrupt or truncated: <unknown>
return{parse:function(c){try{return window.JSON.parse(c) 

Appears to be an error from opensocial (in relation to CB Connect) however am not duplicating in any of my environments nor finding much results regarding what exactly causes this.

Please test with default Joomla template and confirm if issue still present. Please also ensure you're using latest CB Connect release. It's very possible something else is conflicting with CB Connect to cause an error. Reviewing the HEAD of your site it is duplicate loading various jQuery libraries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #159568 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Data not sticking
Krileon,
If I PM'ed the details to you would you take a look? I have ensured everything is the latest version. I guess this module is not sooo important as getting CB working correctly.

Thaks so much! You are amazing! :woohoo:

12 years 11 months ago #159576 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic CB Connections
Krileon,

How do I get back into the config for the connections plugin? When I access it from the CB Plugins area, it opens up (not with tools and config) but just position etc. It has parameters on the right side, but no way to access anything from there-I can click on the text to no avail?

12 years 11 months ago #159590 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connections

Taboga wrote: Krileon,
If I PM'ed the details to you would you take a look? I have ensured everything is the latest version. I guess this module is not sooo important as getting CB working correctly.

Thaks so much! You are amazing! :woohoo:

Received no such details, please ensure details were sent to me by visiting my profile and using quick message.

Taboga wrote: Krileon,

How do I get back into the config for the connections plugin? When I access it from the CB Plugins area, it opens up (not with tools and config) but just position etc. It has parameters on the right side, but no way to access anything from there-I can click on the text to no avail?

You don't, it does not have the standard plugin page. You change access, order, etc.. directly in Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #159600 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: CB Connections
ok, so I figured it out- got 2 different plug ins confused CB Connect/CB Connections(easy for me to do!)
But, how do I get the consumer key and consumer secret? I was able to get the first one- Friend Connect, but Twitter and Facebook etc. I don't even know where to find the API keys????

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds