[SOLVED] Add Photos link in Profile Gallery module

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #159803 by sukanya
I would like a "Add Photos" link at the bottom of the Profile Gallery module, so that a user can directly click to add photos. If not logged in or if not a registered user, a registration / login page opens up.

Also, the individual photos should ideally link to the larger version, not to the entire photo gallery. A "View All" hyperlink takes you to the entire gallery of photographs (of all users)

Please refer to the site: http:/www.runnersforlife.com (4th module on the left) to better understand what I mean.

Thanks a lot, in advance.

- Sukanya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #159827 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add Photos link in Profile Gallery module
The module has no feature to upload images, this you'd need to add to the module it self. See profilegallery on its code used for handling uploads, this will be a massive edit and likely better to develop your own module to provide all you need. As for the linking change this can be done by editing the module as well and changing the href of the images to point to their full sized images found at images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/USER_ID/.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #160326 by sukanya
Replied by sukanya on topic Re: Add Photos link in Profile Gallery module
Thanks for your reply, Krileon.

However, I am not so well-versed in the code that I could change the module to suit my requirement. Tried messing around with the code from the Profile Gallery, but to no productive results.

Thanks, anyways.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn