[#2473] SEF problem with your profile

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: SEF problem with your profile
Please ensure the patch was applied correctly, it will not fix any modules or anything of the sort as it only fixes this issue with CBs rendering of articles in the article tab. This is actually a bug in Joomla it self it appears.

Please keep in mind 1.6 is still very new and so is its support via CB. I do not recommend using 1.6 for any serious site, but for testing purposes only. Joomla 1.6 stability is simply "not there" yet for it self and for extensions. By time 1.6 has stabilized 1.7 will be release as they've given 1.6 a very very short life span.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #160221 by jansuhr
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: SEF problem with your profile
That explains it, I am pretty sure I got it right as per the patch instructions.

Well, I understand the issues with J1.6 and all extensions that aren't up to par yet. I have found a few bugs in other components too.

But this is a new site and I rather build it in the new system than go for J1.5 and later have to migrate everything to J1.6 or J1.7. Even though it will have some quirks at the moment.

So I will apply the patch and hope for the Joomla team to come up with a fix. Did you report this to the Joomla Team?

Thanks

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160227 by krileon
I can not duplicate this issue using a module, but only by using the articles tab which the patch resolves. No, this has not been reported to the Joomla team as was only able to duplicate through CB. There are several temporary options: disable SEF, disable articles tab, disable module, don't display module on profile page, apply patch.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #160235 by jansuhr
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: SEF problem with your profile
Not displaying on the profile page is the easiest solution now.

So you sat there isn't anything to report to Joomla Team?

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

12 years 11 months ago #160237 by krileon
I'm saying I'm not sure, I can't duplicate your module issue. I could only see errors within the articles tab, which is fixed by the patch. I would need the call stack for your modules error to see where it is coming from. Please PM backend login credentials with bug still present and will review.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160294 by krileon
Have reviewed your install, please contact your host to have xdebug PHP extension installed. Am not able to review the call stack otherwise as I need to know where the error is coming from. I can't duplicate your scenario locally so am not able to review the source from there. Am not sure why it only happens on profile either.

For the time being I've set your error reporting to None, this will suppress the display of the error. Being just a Notice it will not affect anything on your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn