Commenting solution?

13 years 1 week ago #160342 by byrannewell
Commenting solution? was created by byrannewell
Hi all—I'm new to Community Builder, but have built sites on top of Joomla many times.

I have a Community Builder site where both guests and registered users will be able to view profiles. I need both registered and un-registered guests to have the ability to leave comments. I like the way Disqus handles commenting threads as well as their ability for users to leave comments via FB, Twitter, Google, etc. I also like how their picture shows up. However... I need the "owner" of the page to have the ability to leave comments as well—via his logged in username for Joomla/CB.

What are the best ways to handle this? I'm open to all suggestions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #160451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Commenting solution?
Best I can suggest is to use ProfileBooks Wall tab which will allow users, guests (if configured via Anonymous Entries parameter), and profile owner to comment. Please note you can not comment from Facebook, Twitter, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #160495 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: Commenting solution?
Hmmm... thanks for the suggestion. What else is out there? I've looked at a Disqus plugin—will that work with CB? Commenting is going to be potentially very important on the site, and I need to have something that isn't as anonymous as an anonymous log-in, so tied to Twitter/FB/etc., is important.

I also need to have the commenting NOT show up in a tab, but rather in blog-style, directly under the profile. Who was experience with this?

13 years 5 days ago #160688 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Commenting solution?
Have no experience with Disqus, sorry, please contact the developer for support. We've no other commenting based plugin aside from ProfileBook, sorry. You're welcome to check Joomla.org extensions directory for some sort of solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds