[SOLVED] Having trouble getting CB Fields plugin to work

13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #160854 by byrannewell
I attached a pic of my settings—in a nutshell, it's not working and I'm at a loss.

I have a few groups (A, B, C). In each group is a series of checkboxes (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). If users check anything in the "A" group, then I want CB Fields to auto-update a different field, signifying that they've checked boxes in the "A" group. So on for B, and C.

In my pic, the conditional field is "educational", is actually a checkbox field containing about 10 values. The "Main Discipline Auto" is the field that I'm trying to update, and it's just a standard text field. Basically I want the field to auto-update after they (or a user in the backend—namely, me) make changes to the profile.

I love what this plugin says it can do—hopefully I can get it to work!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 days ago #160906 by krileon
You can not use Add operators for non-integer fields. This is stated directly in the operators information to the right (not in screenshot) as "Select operator to apply to value and field. Only integer fields can make use of an operator other then set.". Please change the operator to Set.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 days ago #160933 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: Having trouble getting CB Fields plugin to work
*hits head* Doh! I definitely saw that, but it didn't register. Thanks, krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn