registeration terms and conditions

13 years 6 days ago #160880 by frankgill
registeration terms and conditions was created by frankgill
At present when a new user registers on the web page they are brought to an article in the Joomla 1.5 page I am designing. when tick accept they then are brought back to the home page. I note on some web pages the option to tick acceptance of terms & conditions is located at the login menu and in some cases the registering person has the option of scrolling down a small menu, reading the terms and then ticking accept are part of the registration process. How do I create this capability in cb so that registering process is as seamless as possible with the least amount of clicks!!

Cheers
Frankgill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 days ago #160888 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registeration terms and conditions
Within CB configuration on the Registration tab at the bottom you can specify a URL to a Joomla article for instance for terms. This will provide a checkbox field at bottom of registration users would be required to check accepting the terms before registration. CB has no such support for the login module, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 days ago #160890 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic whose on line
Thanks for those two prompt replies - I will attend to them now. I just loaded the CB whose on line module and the menu option showed up where I wanted it alright. However, another menu appeared titled "no pending actions". What is this and how do I or should I disable it
Thanks

13 years 6 days ago #160893 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: registeration terms and conditions
Hi there
Did exactly are you said re above - did not work - what am I doing wrong

13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #160910 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registeration terms and conditions

frankgill wrote: Thanks for those two prompt replies - I will attend to them now. I just loaded the CB whose on line module and the menu option showed up where I wanted it alright. However, another menu appeared titled "no pending actions". What is this and how do I or should I disable it
Thanks

This is the workflows module, which is primarily used by moderators to approve pending profile image uploads or registrations if you require either of them to be approved. It can also show pending connection requests if you've connections enabled.

frankgill wrote: Hi there
Did exactly are you said re above - did not work - what am I doing wrong

Please check that the URL is relative and not live. Example as follows.

Valid:
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45:joomla-community-portal&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=55

Invalid:
http://www.example.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45:joomla-community-portal&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=55

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 days ago #160911 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: registeration terms and conditions

"no pending actions"

this is the module comprofilermoderator. When you are logged in as administrator, then it shows you pending actions you have to do, for example when a new user is registrated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn