Group Jive

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #160926 by Taboga
Group Jive was created by Taboga
Group Jive menu items will not show up in GJ Menu, I can't add them to the module because GJ catagory is not in the list where you select module item type.
Also, menu items do not show in the module where you select which pages they should show on.

I am missing a big piece here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #160939 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group Jive
What GJ menu? Don't understand what you're trying to do. To generate GJ menu links you need to navigate to GJ backend and use the "Create Menu" links. These can be found in Category and Group edit pages (of existing categories/groups) as well as main plugin page. The GJ module does not display any menus unless you're using Panel mode, which displays nothing unless actually viewing GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #160952 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Group Jive
Come on! Really? You were in there and didn't look at it? This is the same problem I started this thread about. When I go to add something to the groupjive menu (Group Comm) and the first thing it asks for after you click "new" is the menu item type. It has a "select" button. There is nothing to be selected as a menu item type for Group Jive, everything else is there-community builder, Contacts, Articles, Newsfeeds, etc. But no Group Jive to choose from.
Also, when I login to the front end and click on the "Groups" link, all I get is the "my panel" choice- there is no wall or blog or any of the things that were added in the tabs management in CB.
How do I get them from the tabs management-to a menu-so they can be seen on the front end after log in?

I don't know how better to explain this???

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #161008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group Jive
GJ is not a Joomla extension, Joomla menu structure is based off XML. GJ can't extend on that. So you must use the "Create Menu" links as I've already explained or create External links by supplying the URL. GJ does not render CB tabs from tab management. CB tabs can be seen on a users profile. To see a working example of GJ please review the below link and click the CB GroupJive menu link on the top menu.

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/

I've no idea what you expect GJ to be, but believe your idea of its usage is incorrect. It simply provides user groups as you'd find on Facebook Groups or any other social site which provides groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds