[#2700] CB1.7RC and Joomla 1.7 Backend Error on email

12 years 8 months ago #171360 by krileon
Primary function regarding email check is getmxrr or gethostbynamel (if getmxrr fails), which some hosts disable and some mailservers disable and some email servers don't respond to. Typically it only shows "error" when the host or mailserver has this function disabled. The username check only fails if the database query fails.

Please install recently released CB 1.7 stable and confirm if issue still present.

I think this maybe more of a URL issue as in the ajax call is not calling the correct URL. Maybe due to SEF or an htaccess rewrite, unsure; if any are present then please disable them and re-test.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #171544 by dacker
GoDaddy in 4GH doesn't support those functions. Where those introduced in 1.7 as 1.4 worked fine?

How "bad" is it if those don't check (I don't mind the email) but why would the username error out too?

I haven't gone up to 1.7 stable yet.

12 years 8 months ago #171548 by krileon

GoDaddy in 4GH doesn't support those functions. Where those introduced in 1.7 as 1.4 worked fine?

No, they have always been there.

How "bad" is it if those don't check (I don't mind the email) but why would the username error out too?

It's not bad at all. It's purely for your convenience and has no relevance to CB functioning or not.

I haven't gone up to 1.7 stable yet.

Please upgrade to CB 1.7 stable as soon as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #171585 by dacker
The issue is still there with 1.7 stable.

This is weird as 1.4 worked fine ... I'm not too worried about email checking but I want to make sure we don't have a username collision.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #171667 by krileon
The ajax checking is purely JS side. The PHP end won't allow duplicate emails or usernames. The issue is more or less cosmetic. The checking wasn't changed with 1.7 except for a bug that caused massive delay in the checking (perhaps why it is erroring? is because it can't complete?). Not all hosts will support the functions needed. At any rate have created a bug ticket for further review of the issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2700

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn