CB Connect authorisedLevels

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173259 by SFx86
CB Connect authorisedLevels was created by SFx86
Same as in Resgistered Member menu items not showing when log here on dev.lanzdorf.com: Users authenticating via fb wont see menu items with access level "registered" on CB 1.7 on J 1.7 with Facebook Connect 1.4. The user profile is created as "registered", though...

// edit:

(1) Rows created in joomlas user table don't differ from manualy created user records.
(2) Same behaviour with Twitter Connect 1.1 ...

// further:

(1) authorisedLevels() called on a user object of a "regular" registered member:
Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 1 [2] => 2 )

(2) authorisedLevels() called on a user object logged in with fb connect:
Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 1 )

// maybe related known issue:

[#26420] user access levels cache not updated when user added to a new group

// quick and dirty fix in core:

in /libraries/joomla/user/user.php:429 insert:
// giving up trying to post the code since:

editing this post I often get
501: Method Not Implemented
POST to /forum/post not supported.
How about S U P P O R T ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173281 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect authorisedLevels
Believe this is a Joomla bug as the session isn't being updated with the new usergroup and still remaining as Guest. Logout and log back in should fix it I believe. At any rate FBC, TC, and CB Connect are not J1.7 tested as J1.7 released after their latest versions. I'll be preparing new versions as my next priority after GJ 2.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173310 by SFx86
Replied by SFx86 on topic Re: CB Connect authorisedLevels
No, repeatedly logging in the same user with FBC does not resolve the issue. Is there a timeframe for the next version of FBC?

BTW: still not ablo to post the quick fix due to the above mentioned server error 501...

12 years 8 months ago #173316 by krileon

No, repeatedly logging in the same user with FBC does not resolve the issue. Is there a timeframe for the next version of FBC?

My next priority after GJ 2.4 is FBC, TC, and CB Connect. GJ 2.4 RC is scheduled for by end of this week.

BTW: still not ablo to post the quick fix due to the above mentioned server error 501...

For security reasons our sever won't let certain code snippets to be provided. You'd need to add to a .txt file and attach to your reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173319 by SFx86
Replied by SFx86 on topic Re: CB Connect authorisedLevels

krileon wrote:

My next priority after GJ 2.4 is FBC, TC, and CB Connect. GJ 2.4 RC is scheduled for by end of this week.

That is good news.

krileon wrote:

For security reasons our sever won't let certain code snippets to be provided. You'd need to add to a .txt file and attach to your reply.

Well, maybe you should provide the forum user with a more meaningfull error message in that case. ... Or consider different means of ensuring no text of a post will ever get run as actual php code...

<sarcasm>
You could as well remove the ability to use code tags since they're useless with such a ridiculous policy in place...
</sarcasm>
Attachments:

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173323 by krileon

Well, maybe you should provide the forum user with a more meaningfull error message in that case. ... Or consider different means of ensuring no text of a post will ever get run as actual php code...

It's mod_security that is kicking the error, not the forums; it needs to remain generic and can't be specific to a single location. Many code snippets work perfectly fine. It's primarily defines or globals that cause it to fail.

Don't understand your quickfix, you're fixing Joomla which implies the bug is in Joomla and not the plugin it self which is very likely as issue wasn't seen until late J1.6 releases (earlier releases did not have this issue) and of course J1.7 release. At any rate none of the connect plugins are rated for J1.7; please understand this and will be fixing shortly after GJ 2.4.

Please also hold the sarcasm; I appreciate your help and feedback, but the negative attitude is not appreciated nor is it necessary. I understand your frustration, but I simply don't have the time to maintain multiple large projects at the same exact time and each project will receive their respective and deserving development time when I can afford it (after GJ 2.4).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn