[#2750] Problem with PAP integration

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #175049 by activha
[#2750] Problem with PAP integration was created by activha
I have a problem with PAP integration, affiliate id is not recognized by the PAP software if I leave the Affiliate ID blank in my configuration.

If I set an unique affiliate ID in my plans for checking purposes all is working ok, but if I leave the field blank in order to have the system automatically recognizing the affiliate with the cookie, no sales are properly recorded.

the cookie is correctly set, the click is recorded in pap but the affiliate id is not recognized with the cookie only

I would like to have only Campaing ID set in my parameters

Does the integration work only with this ID set ? or can anyone have a look and help configuring ?

I have also set the PAP global integration to pass 5 fields to commission transaction data 1-5 and these parameters are not correctly transferred even if the cb fields are correctly populated.

Neither do I have general tracking information on the commission transaction in PAP

Oh and by the way the pap api seems to have been change A LOT since the one you integrated ! here is the correct version :-(
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #175169 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

the cookie is correctly set, the click is recorded in pap but the affiliate id is not recognized with the cookie only

The click has no relation to the cookie as the click is instant and purely based off if the URL was used or not. The cookie could and likely has still fail at this point. Please review documentation for correct configuration instructions. Please keep in mind you should have a functional PAP installation before using this integration. Meaning you should test cookie tracking, etc.. without the integration to ensure PAP is working as necessary; consult with PAP for installation assistance.

Does the integration work only with this ID set ? or can anyone have a look and help configuring ?

All of the plan specific configurations are optional. If left blank the defaults will be used from your PAP installation, but if the cookie isn't working then your debugging isn't going to provide any different results as it's failing to find the affiliate.

Oh and by the way the pap api seems to have been change A LOT since the one you integrated ! here is the correct version

Have added a bug ticket to re-review the integration as well as our API usage and update it if necessary. As long as the primary functions we use still remain and their usage is the same it does not particularly matter if API was updated or not.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2750

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #175171 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

krileon wrote: . Please keep in mind you should have a functional PAP installation before using this integration. Meaning you should test cookie tracking, etc.. without the integration to ensure PAP is working as necessary; consult with PAP for installation assistance.

The PAP installation has been working perfectly well since a few months and was working ok with AEC and PAP micro integrations. I just changed the configuration as requested on CBsubs manual to use the API and standard redirect links !!

If left blank the defaults will be used from your PAP installation, but if the cookie isn't working then your debugging isn't going to provide any different results as it's failing to find the affiliate.

Can you tell me how to check that the cookie is working with CBsubs as everything is properly set in PAP ??

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #175199 by krileon

Can you tell me how to check that the cookie is working with CBsubs as everything is properly set in PAP ??

When clicking an affiliate link and having Firebug installed in Firefox with the Firecookie addon you can examine what cookies are present to see if PAPs cookie is there. Very unlikely it's not present as the integration isn't finding it. You can also employ the help of PAP in the configuration as well as review your documentation which explains a working configuration.

Something working on AEC doesn't mean it'll work on CBSubs. They are two completely different extension and two completely different integrations. This could however just be a bug and have already supplied a bug ticket for review.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #175201 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration
You did not read what I wrote earlier. The PAP cookie has always been there
But the Infos are not transmitted correctly by the cb integration to PAP.

I checked with an affiliate Id as said earlier.

Could you check the integration php as I cannot because it is encoded and we need this ASAP for our commercial force.

12 years 6 months ago #175210 by krileon

Could you check the integration php as I cannot because it is encoded and we need this ASAP for our commercial force.

This won't be fixed immediately. It requires a repack and new release of CBSubs, but it's possible we may provide you with a fixed release of just that integration, but I need time to review. Please understand you're not the only user requiring support and will review the issue shortly (today) as have already created a bug ticket to track the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn